☕️

The petite girl crawled around, looking for something, anything to eat. She swallowed thickly.

Charli whimpered, she saw a small crumb on the sidewalk and ran for it. She stumbled to a stop.

Her shoulders sagged as she realized it was nothing but a small pebble. She looked up as snow began to fall from the sky.

Her eyes turned fearful knowing she couldn't survive a week in the cold. She helplessly dragged herself over to the only shelter she could see.

A small coffee shop, Charli laid on the welcome mat; watching the snow fall from the dark clouds above.

It didn't take long for the petite girl to fall unconscious; emotionally and physically drained. She awoke only hours later to a soft voice murmuring above her.

Charli's eyes fluttered open and she looked around before up. Her eyes went wide and she whimpered softly. A boy, a giant, human boy towered above her.

She was frozen for a moment, as was he. His eyes reflected the same shock that she did, Charli's bottom lip began to tremble.

The human must've noticed this; she whimpered as his eyes softened and he reached down. She shrieked and fell back. He froze for a moment.

"Hey, it's, it's okay, breath, I'm not going to hurt you." He mumbled. She didn't believe him but squeezed her eyes shut as he gently scooped her up.

Instead of the usual tight, restricting grip she was gently used into his palm. He lifted her, his eyebrows furrowing. "You're so cold." He breathed, "C'mon." He stood and cupped her to his chest; ignoring her squeak.

He was warm and his chest was warm and his shirt was soft. She hesitantly leaned into him. The air got noticeably warmer and she looked up.

They were in the coffee shop, the rich smell of coffee wafted around her. The air was warm, she shuddered and looked up at the boy who softly smiled back at her.

He gently set her down and poured a cup of coffee. He set it beside her and she leaned against it, shuddering at the heat. It warmed her frozen bones.

Charli didn't understand why the giant was being so kind to her. The giant rested his elbows on the table, resting his chin on them.

"Who are you?" He asked curiously, "How'd you get here?"

She hesitated. "I-I'm Charli." She watched his eyes widen as she spoke. Charli shied more against the warm cup.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Charli," he said with a faint smile. "I'm Jared."

She nodded slowly, tracing her finger across the glass of the coffee cup. "A-And I got here, c-cause I escaped my, my owner." She said hesitantly. She noticed his eyebrow go up. She stiffened slightly, "Please, d-don't make me go back, p-please Jared." She said, beginning to panic.

"Hey, hey, I won't." Jared murmured, "Relax, you're okay." He hesitated, "What did they do to you?" He asked her.

Charli swallowed thickly. "He, He," she bit her lip, "Abused me, i-in a lot of ways." She didn't clarify.

The small girl yelled as a hand gently wrapped itself around her. Jared's hand gently caressed the top of her head and trailed her hair, gently stroking her side. She looked up, his eyes were gentle, sympathetic.

"You'll be safe here," he promised quietly, "I'll keep you safe." She looked up, biting her lip before smiling weakly. Softly she thanked him.

She wrapped her arms around his thumb and pressed a small kiss into his thumb.

She watched Jared's face go red and muffled a laugh with her hand.

He rolled his eyes and cupped her closer. Gently he pressed a kiss into the top of her head.

It was Charli's turn to blush.

He smirked at her and laughed. And for the first time in years, Charli wasn't afraid.

________

wow????

s h o r t ?

c l i c h e ?

b a d   e n d i n g ?

sounds on brand for amelia™️

(straight though, that's unusual lmfao)

yeet skeet, some changes might come to this account, i'll keep you posted.

stay lit homebois