🌱

Calum walked along slowly taking in his surroundings. He'd spent his whole life trapped in a cage, it took two weeks of planning, but he had finally escaped.

He never knew anything about the world. Hell, he thought the sky was purple, but as the sun rose he realized it was a brilliant shade of blue. The grass here was up to his waist. There were colorful flowers and big trees with red fruit on them. Calum had sworn he'd seen his master eating them once.

He curled his toes feeling the fertilized soil under his bare soles. He ran his fingers along a blade of grass. His hand came back wet with morning dew. Calum was tired from running, but he wanted to explore, or at least find a safe place to rest.

Calum saw water gathering at the tip of a blade of grass. He cupped his hands and held them under the water droplet. It fell, filling his hands like they were a bowl. Calum leaned forward and took a hesitant sip of the dew. The cool water slid down his throat, he smiled in satisfaction and finished the rest of the water leaving his hands wet.

He wiped them on his shirt, that was made of an old sock. Eventually he'd have to make himself proper clothing. A bird flew above him and Calum watched it in absolute wonder. From his position it looked absolutely minuscule, but up close it would be big enough for Calum to ride.

Calum started a mental checklist, get clothes, find food, store water, get shelter, and most importantly, start over.

Calum would start a new life here, one where he would never have to see another human for the rest of his life.

•=•=•=•

A short drabble I wrote on tumblr a while ago, it really reminds me of the last one shot Ashley wrote, that was not my intention. But unlike Sam he wasn't in a lab he was in the hands of a human who was abusive, who was his "master" ah tough background. So yeah, I hope you liked it 😁

((Also BTS released a new music video and I'm SCREAMIN))