🌿

Shane raced from the bullies desperately, the teen stole a look back at the four boys chasing him. Shane wasn't the best kid, he smoked, drank, gotten illegal tattoos, but he had a good heart.

Shane saw a warehouse surrounded by a rusting fence, he quickly hopped the fence. He flicked off the bullies as they struggled to climb the fence. Shane knew all too well that they would try to get to him but eventually would get bored and leave.

Shane decided to explore, the warehouse was definitely abandoned, one of the walls was halfway gone almost looking like it was torn down. He strolled towards the gigantic building without a care in the world.

He hummed to himself as he went up to the fallen wall, peering inside with a lopsided smirk. He stepped inside and heard a whimper from behind him, he whipped around with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Shane's breath hitched and stumbled back a few steps. Against the the rotting wall, across from him was a giant. The creatures were rare these days, the government would take them and dump them on an island, that had started to become some sort of sick amusement park.

After staring in terror for a few moments Shane realized the giant was nothing but a child and he had the same fear in his big brown eyes. Shane bit his lip before taking a hesitant step forward, the boy flinched.

"H-Hey, it's okay, I won't hurt you," Shane told the giant boy softly as he walked forward slowly, his arms in front of him. The giant still stared at him in worry, he had curled himself into a tight ball, covering his mouth with his hands. Shane's eyes softened, "I'm Shane," He told the boy, placing a tattooed hand on his chest, "Wh-What's your name, kid?"

He stared for a moment before shyly opening his mouth, "Tr-Trevor," The giant nervously whispered, Shane smiled softly, his eyes crinkling, and dimples deepening.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Trevor." Shane greeted softly, "H-How old are you, buddy?"

"N-Nine,' Trevor nervously replied, his hands instinctively fiddling with each other.

"You're just a kid," Shane whispered in disbelief, Trevor blushed and bit his lip. "Where's your family?"

Trevor stiffened and his eyes locked on the floor, "H-Humans got them," He breathed, trembling. His eyes filled with tears and he sniffled.

Shane's eyes softened, he reached forward and placed a hand on Trevor's giant one. "I am, so, so sorry," He told the boy genuinely. A tear escaped the poor child's eye and hiccuping sobs followed.

Shane yelped as he was suddenly scooped up and pressed to the giant boy's chest, he was stiff for a moment. His sobs rumbled beneath him and Shane slowly spread his arms out in a pathetic attempt to hug the mourning boy.

"I-I miss th-them," Trevor hiccuped sadly, Shane nodded against his chest.

"I know, I know, it's okay Trevor, it's okay." For a few more minutes they stayed like that, with Shane cupped to Trevor's chest, occasionally murmuring comforting words as the giant cried softly.

Eventually Shane ended up in Trevor's cupped hands as the giant's big brown eyes looked down upon him. "I-I like your arms," Trevor admired softly, eyes traveling over the tattoos that coated his arms.

Shane smiled, "Thank you, Trevor," He flipped over his arms so the small boy could see the other side. He was about to start explaining the stories behind them but a voice tore his attention from Trevor.

Shane paled, the bullies, they'd gotten in. "Wh-Who's that?" Trevor whispered, voice trembling. Shane shushed him gently and comfortingly stroked the boy's hand.

"In here!" A voice called, Shane stiffened as the four boys entered the broken warehouse. They all stopped, one, Mark stumbled back in disbelief. Both Shane and Trevor were frozen in fear.

Protectively and nervously Trevor brought Shane closer to him. That's what snapped the boys out of their faze. Mark raced out of the building and the rest followed. "Trevor we have to go," Shane said, ergency dripping from his lips.

"Wha-What?" Trevor asked, stumbling over his words.

"Now!" Shane yelled knowing the boys would waste no time calling the police to take Trevor away. The boy flinched but realized how serious Shane was. He stood and raced out of the empty building.

Trevor hold Shane close to him, the giant ran away from the abandoned building and the bullies. As they ran Trevor heard a strange noise and made the mistake of turning his head to look.

Trevor and Shane gasped in unison above them was a helicopter, Trevor's heart was racing. He turned and sprinted as fast and far as he could, which would prove to not be enough rope wrapped around his ankles causing him to fall.

He gasped, cupping his hands tight over Shane as he crashed to the ground. He desperately tried to squirm out of the ropes around his ankles, tears pricked his eyes and a giant net came down on top of him.

Trevor shrieked and tried to escape the net only to become more entangled. Men in uniforms began to surround the helpless giant, Shane squirmed out of Trevor's grip and climbed out of the ropes.

"Stop!" Shane cried, Trevor looked up in shock, tears blurring his vision. His little friend stood protectively in front of Trevor blocking the guards.

"Move kid!" A guard yelled harshly, Trevor shied back even though the yell wasn't for him.

"No!" Shane cried, voice tight with emotion, "He is a child! A child! You can't do this to a kid!" Shane fought, gesturing towards the giant.

"I'm warning you!" The guard yelled at Shane.

"He is nothing but a-" Shane was cut off as gunshot went off. Trevor shrieked as Shane tumbled to the ground, his eyes were open and blood leaked from his chest where the bullet had entered.

Trevor sobbed uncontrollably, "Shane! Sh-Shane!" He cried, "Please wake up, please." He sobbed, "Shane please..."

Trevor flinched as a sharp pain exploded in his neck, tears slid down his cheeks uncontrollably, "Sh-Shane," Trevor murmured, staring at the dead body of his only friend as he slowly lost consciousness.

__________

Tears were shed while writing this, this is a prologue of sorts to '🍃'

The one based off Jurassic Park, I think I might continue this into a larger story but we'll see.

I have a plan of sorts for Trevor, his life is sad all the way through.

Thank you to Ashley for helping me figure this one out

It's almost 2am, goodnight

Stay safe pals

🌸