📌

By the-booknook they're sick 👌

_______

Willow celebrated the day Caroline finally broke up with that girl she'd been dating for almost a year.

The girl, Kiana, was an asshole. She was inconsiderate, loud, and all around unpleasant to be around. But she was undoubtedly pretty. Prettier than Willow could ever be.

It didn't matter either way, she supposed. Caroline wasn't allowed to see her anyways. If she did, Willow probably wouldn't survive it. Borrowers never did, when they were seen.

Willow had heard countless folk tales of how monstrous the humans acted when they found a borrower. Every borrower child knew them and feared them. Willow personally thought they were a load of bullshit, but an underlying fear and apprehension still prevented her from ever letting herself get close to the human.

She fell in love with Caroline when she was fourteen, and her feelings have only been brewing and growing for the past three years. She remembered how happy she was the day she had been sitting in the bookshelf in Caroline's room, watching her write an entry into her diary, and she had written two words that only made Willow's unreasonable hope swell.

"I'm gay."

She came out immediately, and though it took a few months, Caroline's family ended up being fine with it. Since then, she had been with two different girls. A girl named Sara and Kiana.

Willow was so glad Kiana was out of the picture. But Caroline wasn't. Even though she had been the one to break it off, she started crying as soon as Kiana left. Willow assumed it was because of all of the bitter words Kiana had thrown her way before leaving.

After a few minutes, though, Caroline's tears were drying and she was reading a book. Willow watched on from the ground, underneath the huge wooden desk that Caroline was constantly drawing on with sharpie. Designs trailed all the way down the sides where Willow sat, and she smiled to herself as she traced the floral pattern with her finger.

Suddenly, a large tremor was sent through the floor with a thud. Willow gasped sharply as she looked up to see Caroline standing at her full, massive height, walking towards the door.

Willow stumbled backwards to hide behind the desk, but a sharp pain tugging at her skull stopped her.

"Ow!" she yelped, looking out of the corner of her eye to see her scraggly, shoulder length hair tangled on a loose nail. "Shit," she muttered, panicked. She had been too loud.

"What on Earth?" she heard the soft, dreamy voice she fantasizes about murmur. Willow froze, not daring to move as she heard as well as felt the human getting down onto her knees. She felt Caroline's warm breathe on her neck, causing all of the hair to stand up on end.

She turned around slowly, only to gasp and jump when she saw how close those huge grey eyes were to her body. Willow yelped and cringed as her jump yanked on her hair painfully. The giant in front of her sat back slightly, surprised.

"Um...are you okay?" she asked, her far too loud voice pounding on Willow's eardrums. She stayed silent; if she tried to speak, she would surely cry.

Two huge hands suddenly came out of nowhere, on each side, ready to wrap Willow in a tight, unforgiving grip. The thought was too much to bear as Willow finally let the tears she had been holding in fall and she turned around to yank desperately on the nail.