👧

Charlie was in the walls when he heard it, a soft cry followed by quiet sobs. He looked up in confusion, the cries sounded female yet he'd only seen men walk into the motel room. He listened closer, hearing taunting words and malicious voices.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, he'd only seen men walk in. The cries sounded like they were coming from a girl, maybe a child. He shook off the uneasy feeling that washed over him, he bit his lip and walked into his makeshift kitchen.

His boyfriend, Ryland was standing there, eyebrows furrowed in concern. "You heard them to?" He guess, biting his lip. The slightly older boy nodded, looking up at the floorboards.

"It's weird," He admitted, shaking his head. Charlie nodded, thanking him softly as Ryland handed him a crumb of bread.

"I'm gonna check it out later, okay?" He promised, pressing a kiss into Ryland's forehead.

"Please for the love of god Charlie, be safe." Ryland murmured hugging him, Charlie laughed and nodded.

"Jesus you sound like I'm about to go face a cat or something." He laughed, "Relax babe, I'll be extra careful." He promised. Ryland laughed softly and shook his head. After about an hour Charlie  heard the men leave, probably going to the bar. He snuck into the room. He looked around for anything out of place.

He saw nothing, he heard the soft sobs once again and saw a cage on top of the dresser. Charlie paled. He didn't hesitate as he threw his hook onto the dresser, the prong hooking on the ridges of the wood.

He climbed quickly, nervously. Charlie made it to the top and his eyes softened. In the cage sat a little girl, she was curled into a tight ball, shuddering with tiny hiccuping sobs.

He immediately ran to her, sticking an arm through the bars and stroking her arm. She flinched back before her eyes widened. She latched onto his hands, trembling. God she was young, seven maybe, too skinny to be healthy, with long brown hair.

She let out trembling sobs and pressed herself against the cage wall, it'd been so long since she had seen someone her size. She whimpered and latched onto his shirt. "Shh," He coaxed, "It's alright, it's okay." He promised, cupping her face.

She seemed to melt into him, clutching his hand to her cheek, eyes falling shut as she trembled, desperate for more contact. He looked to the cage door, it looked simple enough but he couldn't do it alone.

Ryland.

He pulled away and she shrieked, reaching for him and sobbing. She followed him as he ran alongside the cage. She couldn't go farther. She desperately reached out a hand, stretching it as far as possible. "N-No leave!" She begged, falling to her knees.

He went back over to her, gently he kissed her hand. "I'll be right back, I'm gonna get you out." Charlie promised. The girl nodded slowly with a tear stained face. She watched him leave with a whimper, unable to do anything.

Charlie rushed into the walls, "Ryland!" He yelled, searching for his boyfriend, "Ryland!" His panicked cry catching the boy's attention.

"Woah, woah, woah Charlie what's wrong?" He asked, looking into his boyfriend's desperate eyes.

"There's a girl, a borrower, we need to get her out, Ry, we have to!" He began to cry softly, remembering her helpless eyes that sparked with hope when she had seen him. Ryland calmed him down and followed him back to the girl.

She saw them coming and squealed, reaching her hands through the bars, little tiny grabby hands. "B-Back!" Charlie smiled and nodded, grabbing onto her little hands.

"I'm gonna need you to step back, alright princess?" He whispered, she slowly nodded, looking back at Ryland with big curious eyes. She stepped back, almost tripping over her own little feet. "Ry, help me with this."

They began to work at the lock, it took about five minutes to unlatch it. It was terrifying to think that humans could do it in under a second. The power they had, they could do almost anything to them. Finally the door swung open and the girl raced out, launching herself onto Charlie.

He laughed softly and held her close, she was crying again, this time from happiness. "Char, we gotta get back." Ryland whispered nervously, his boyfriend nodded. They could be caught at any moment, stuck in the same cage.

They raced down the rope and back into the walls, Charlie holding the girl the whole time. They took her inside and feed her, gave her something to drink. After only a few minutes they learned that her name was Alice, she was five, and she was taken from her family when she was two.

She was desperate for contact, clinging to either Charlie or Ryland, sometimes both. They obviously let her, how could they turn away the little girl. Overhead footsteps thundered, Alice whimpered, shying back. She began to tremble as she clutched Charlie's shirt.

He hushed her softly. There was a loud bang, "Where did she go?" A voice boomed above them, it continued to yell and Alice sobbed loudly. She shook her head and clutched his shirt, trembling like mad.

Charlie picked her up and held her close. Whispering softly to her, eventually she cried herself out. She passed out against his shirt. Mumbling something inaudibly. Charlie looked to Ryland sadly, he frowned. They went to the bed and laid down, Alice resting safely between them.

"We have to keep we safe, Ry." He whispered, brushing back a long lock of her hair. His boyfriend nodded.

"We will, Char, we will." He promised, leaning over and kissing him softly. The boys smiled softly and began to drift off.

Safe and protected.

_____________

well that's cute.

i've got another story planned with these guys just you wait ;)

okay so i created a snap for my writing/gt/etc.

giantxtiny

that's my username for obvious reasons.

tell me who ya are if you add me please!

love y'all

<3