📞

Brandon was at work when his phone began to ring, he smiled softly, it was Jace. "Hello?" He said into the phone, his smile slowly fell and shattered on the floor.

On the other line he was met with faint whimpers and sobs, "Boaz?" He breathed, sitting up.

"S-Something's wrong with dad-" he sniffled, his words shaking. "I-I don't know wh-what to do." The child cried, Brandon's heart ached.

"Boaz, buddy. Listen to me," he whispered reassuringly, there was a sniffle. "I'll be home soon, I need you to stay by your dad. Let me know if something happens." He murmured, before telling Boaz he loved him and hanging up.

He went to his boss who let fortunately him skip the rest of work. Brandon raced home as fast as he could, he lived near an hour away from his home. He was driving as fast as he could without being pulled over.

He anxiously chewed on his thumbnail as he drove. Boaz wasn't allowed to use phones, not unless there was a real emergency. The child knew that, Brandon calmed himself and finally made it home.

He slammed the door of his car shut and raced inside, going straight to the bedroom. His heart shattered.

Boaz was curled under Jace's jaw, sobbing and stroking his cheek, begging him to be okay. While Jace tried to reassure him that he was alright but was clearly too weak.

Boaz noticed Brandon, "Dad, I-I'm sorry I called. I-I know I'm not s-supposed b-but I didn't know what to do-" he stammered, "I-I-"

Brandon quietly shushed him, reassuring him that it was okay. He kneeled beside the bed and felt Jace's forehead, it was burning with fever. Jace rarely got sick but when he did it hits him like a truck.

He murmured Brandon's name, his voice was raspy, he sneezed into his arm, and took another tissue. "I-Is he gonna be alright?" Boaz asked nervously, his hands intertwined anxiously.

Brandon nodded slowly, "Yeah, bud, he'll be alright, just a bad case of the flu." Boaz almost broke down in sobs of relief.

Suddenly Jace was coughing, gagging. Brandon forced him to his feet and quickly the couple hobbled to the bathroom. Jace's arm wrapped still around Brandon's. His hand gripped his shoulder tightly. He vomited loudly, Brandon shushed him, running his fingers through his boyfriend'a soft hair.

After a few moments he stopped. Brandon left Jace in the bathroom in case he needed to throw up again. He looked at the bed.

Boaz was helplessly looking at the edge, he wanted to help his dads. He sniffled and whimpered, "Oh, Bo," Brandon murmured. Boaz saw him and sniffled again before bursting out in sobs.

He lifted his arms and Brandon gladly scooped him up, he cradled his son to his chest. "Shh, Boaz, he's alright, just a little sick, that's all." He murmured, "It's not your fault."

"I-I wanna help, daddy, I wanna help him." He mumbled, clenching into Brandon's shirt. "B-But I'm too small." He said, triggering a new round of tears.

"Shh, Bo, Bo don't say that." He murmured, pressing him closer. "You called me, if you hadn't I wouldn't have known, it could've been worse." He reassured. Boaz nodded slightly, leaning into Brandon.

Jace stumbled out of the bathroom, with his free arm Brandon hoisted him to his feet and helped him hobble back into bed. He turned up the heated blanket and handed it to Jace who hummed and wrapped it around himself.

Boaz launched himself onto his dad and cuddled close to the sick man who looked away and coughed before groaning. He held Boaz close.

Brandon placed a damp face cloth on his forehead and Jace sighed in relief causing Brandon to smile and brush his matted hair from his sweaty brow.

He slowly kissed Brandon, making Boaz giggle. "What're you laughing at, mister?" Brandon teased scooping him up and carefully tossing him back and forth between his hands. Boaz giggled and latched onto his fingers.

Jace hummed contently, "My two favorite boys taking after me," he laughed weakly. "What more could I ask for?"

____________

Ripperoni fam, still sick.

I wrote this in less than an hour, same characters as 🎄 I think it's the 6th and 7th chapters :)

Okay I'm gonna sleep, I have a wedding and sickness.

Alright bye.

Oh wait.

Rest in paradise Ashley's phone

He had a good run

Okay that's all.

Bye.