📍

Luka waited patiently for Chris to return, the borrower had been living with him for almost a month now. Chris was kind and patient, he was gentle when he first found Luka, helplessly trapped in a spiderweb.

It took awhile to coax Luka out of his shell, the borrower looked up with a bright smile as he heard the door click open, Chris stepped in. "H-Hi!" He called,  "H-How was work?" Luka asked with his familiar stammer. His smile fell slightly as Chris walked right past him.

Luka furrowed his eyebrows in concern, watching him leave the room, he flinched as  he heard Chris's bedroom door slam shut. Hesitantly Luka climbed down the table, his little feet padded across the room as he ran to Chris's room.

He squeezed under the crack at the bottom of the door, Chris was in bed, tightly wrapped in his blankets. Luka began to climb the fabric hanging off the side of the bed, "C-Chris?" He asked softly as he reached the mattress, the giant's reply was quiet was muffled. "C-Chris? Wha-What's wrong?" He asked quietly, his hands laced together.

"I said go away!" Chris roared, Luka gasped and clapped his hands over his ears. He stumbled back, Chris had never yelled at him before, not once. He opened his eyes to be met with Chris's familiar brown eyes but instead of being kind and thoughtful there was anger buried deep in his chocolate hues.

"Just go away," Chris muttered, Luka's eyes filled with tears. He was trembling now, wishing Chris would just scoop him up and tell him everything was okay. He scrambled back down the sheets, his shaky hands losing their grip, he gasped as he fell. Luka whimpered as he landed on the floor, he pushed himself back to his feet, tears streamed freely down his cheeks now.

Luka limped to the entrance of the walls, the place he used to call home before Chris. He stumbled inside and grabbed his old borrowing bag, Luka stuffed whatever he could inside, clothes, food, a blanket. Luka crawled back to the opening. He had an old sticky note and the broken lead of a pencil.

Luka wiped back tears as he began to write, his handwriting was messy and crude, he'd only learned to read and write a few weeks ago.

'Dear Chris, I'm sorry that I was so clingy and needy, I'm sorry that I was such a pest and how much of a burden I was. I will be out of your hair now, you no longer have to worry about me.'

Luka sniffed and wrote his name at the bottom, tear drops littered the paper, he felt heartbroken, Chris was always so kind to him, never upset or angry with him. He whimpered, he covered his mouth to mask his sobs. He placed the letter in the open, so Chris wouldn't miss it.

Luka took one last look to Chris, he was either asleep or just silent in his bed. He whimpered softly, he threw his bag over his shoulder and went into the walls, going to the escape exit that lead outside. He was met with a chilly blast of air and shivered, wishing he had a coat. The cold, winter air blew his air around, his socked feet almost instantly becoming soaked from snow.

Luka swallowed thickly and wiped away his tears. Luka set out onto the cold streets of New York.

__________

It had been almost two weeks since Luka had left, he was freezing, hungry, and exhausted. He wanted Chris back but he didn't know where his home was, plus he knew Chris would be disappointed to see the clingy little pest had returned.

Luka ducked further down as harsh wind blew at him, he hugged himself, his ears, toes, and fingers had gone numb days before. His thin little blanket was tightly wrapped around him, he dreamt of the nights with Chris where they would cuddle and watch movies together over popcorn.

He sneezed twice, his body shuddering involuntarily. Humans walked by him, not even noticing the small borrower, too entranced with their phones or destination. Luka ducked his head into his knees, using his fingers to try and rub warmth into his ears that ached with cold.

Luka heard the gravel and ice crunch before him, he hesitantly looked up, stiffening in front of him a human had kneeled. Luka swallowed thickly and shoved himself back against the wall behind him, tears blurred his vision.

"Luka," The human breathed, his voice shaking. The borrower looked up to meet the oh so familiar brown eyes, Chris. He covered his mouth as he let out a heartbroken sob, it was really him. He gently shushed him, Chris's gloved fingers gently scooped him up. His eyes were so gentle though they were bloodshot and teary. "I-I'm so, so, so sorry." His voice cracked and wiped away a tear.

Luka didn't know what to say, he was crying hard, his shoulders shaking, Chris softly shushed him and held him to his chest. "Let's get you home," He murmured softly.

Chris was gentle as he took Luka home, just as he had remembered. Luka couldn't help but lean against him as tears steadily flowed down his cheeks. He didn't remember falling unconscious but the next thing he knew he was dressed in his old pajamas wrapped snug in a blanket.

He sat up, Chris wasn't anywhere to be seen. Luka began to panic, he tried getting to his feet but his ankle gave out on him, further weakened since he fell off the bed. He whimpered and collapsed on his hands and knees. Luka heard a gasp and Chris was beside him, "Shh, shh it's okay, I'm here," He promised.

"W-Why?" Luka choked out as Chris wrapped him in the blanket again, not setting him down. "W-Wh-Why did y-y-you t-try and find m-me." Much like when they'd first met Luka's speech impediment had worsened.

Chris's shoulders slumped and shook his head weakly. "I never wanted to you leave, Luka." He murmured, "I-I was upset, something happened at work and I was upset and I took it out on you and it wasn't fair. I-I made dinner, spaghetti, your favorite, an apology dinner. B-But you were gone." Chris lowered his head as he began to cry.

Luka was shocked, he hadn't wanted him to leave? The small borrower had never seen the giant cry. He put a hand on Chris's thumb, hopefully giving him some sort of comfort.

Chris reached into his pocket with his free hand. He pulled out the letter, "None of this was true, you're not a burden, Luka, not a pest. It wasn't your fault, I could never hate you. I could never, not ever. I love you." He murmured, "I searched all over, I couldn't sleep, I thought you were dead."

Luka whimpered, he made grabby hands, his lips trembling. Chris pressed him against his chest in a hug. "I l-l-love you-you, too." He murmured, wiping away his own tears.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you," He whispered, his voice raw from crying.

"I-It's o-o-okay, just-just scared m-me, th-that's all," He whimpered, gripping Chris's soft shirt and breathing in his familiar scent.

"No, no Luka, it wasn't okay." Chris lifted Luka to his face and pressed a kiss into the side of his face, holding him close. "I won't do it again," He whispered, "Not ever."

_____

this was posted at the same time as my boo's story UGHlashton

go read ouch!!!!