1.

Sandhya's POV

I was in the kitchen with mumma helping her. Suddenly I was up in the air and was being taken towards my room.

"Ahh! Viki! You idiot! Neeche utaar mujhe."

And that idiot just laughed in response. I kicked my legs in the air and glared at him.

"Aaram se bachho!"

I heard mumma shout.

"Agar mai giri na. Toh tera muh noch lungi mai."

"Achaa!"

He said laughing and dipped me down making me shriek. I held his neck tightly and closed my eyes.

He laughed and threw me on the bed.

"You duffer! Aise uthake kyu laaya hai mujhe?"

I said making a face. He sighed and slumped beside me. I jumped back otherwise he would have killed me with his weight.

I glared at him and he pulled my arm and I also dropped on the bed beside him.

"Ek road trip pr chalte hai."

He said out of the blue and I looked at him.

"Road trip? Aur achanak se janab ko ye kaise soojha?"

"Well, ab tere saath ek last bachelor trip toh enjoy krna banta hai na. What say?"

I frowned and looked at him plopping up on my elbows.

"Last bachelor trip matlab?"

"Matlab ye ki wapas aane ke baad mai shaadi kr rha hu."

He said flicking my nose. I rubbed my nose and then sprang up straight.

"Tu? Tu shaadi kr rha hai? Aur yeh tu mujhe ab bta rha hai. Ladki kaun hai? Naam kya hai? Aur shaadi kab hai? I swear agar tune mere bina approval ke haan kr di hogi na toh mai-"

He put his palm on my mouth and his other hand behind my head cutting me mid speech.

"Chup hoja amma! Ek baar bolna shuru krti hai toh chup hi nhi hoti. Abhi haan nhi ki hai aur na hi ladki select ki hai. Mummy ki nazar mai hai koi ladki. Lekin maine bol dia ki iss trip ke baad milna milana hoga ab."

He said grinning widely. I smiled and started jumping on the bed.

"Tu shaadi kr rha hai Viki. I am so excited. Mai na teri shaadi pr lehanga sabyasachi ka pehnungi aur uski funding krega tu. Teri biwi aur maine milke bhut tang karna hai tujhe. Waise toh bechari ki futi kismat hogi ki wo tujhse shaadi kregi lekin koi ni. Aur haan bache jaldi krio. Mai khub bigadungi unhe."

I said dreaming the whole future. A 30 year old Viki with his kids chewing his ears. What a fun sight it would be.

Vikrant's POV

She blabbered everything excitedly and I rolled my eyes.

"Shaadi ka badme sochiyo. Pehle road trip ki planning kr. Jagah decide krna yaar. Mujhe jaana hai."

I said and she hummed. She fished out her phone and laid beside me and we started searching for locations for road trips.

After searching and discussing for two hours we zeroed on Ladakh.

We send the inquires to multiple websites for their best quotations. Dates were decided. The trip was going to be 6 days long.

Now was the time for the main thing. Convincing our families.

"Mumma yaar please! Come on. Last trip hai meri shaadi se pehle. Uske baad toh jo aap kahoge wo karunga na. Please mumma please."

I begged my mother and she looked at me blankly.

"Kiske saath jaa rha hai? Mai pehle hi bol rhi hu agar tere lafange dost hue na toh maine nhi bhejna-"

"Saanjh ke saath."

I said before she bans me from going and she smiled automatically.

"Sandhya jaa rhi hai toh phir mujhe koi problem nhi hai. Atleast wo bachi samajhdar hai. Teri tarah nhi."

"Toh mai jaa skta hu."

She nodded and I danced mentally. I love you Saanjh. Bas tera naam lene ki der thi.

Literally this may be the first time you must be hearing ki kisi ladke ki mummy kisi ladki pr bharosa kr rhi hai ki wo mujhe safe rakhegi. Meri mummy bhi na yaar. Alag hi piece hai.

I chuckled and called Saanjh.

"Kya hua?"

"Maan gye!"

She squealed and I can imagine her jumping on her bed.

We talked for a long time deciding what all to take with us.

Me and Saanjh are practically neighbours. Her house is two houses left to mine.

We have lived here since we were born. Our families were friends and so we became friends.

Coincidentally we landed in the same school and same class. Our friendship grew and deepened with time.

I remember how I started calling her Saanjh.

We were in 5th class and were studying Synonyms in Hindi.

That's when I learned that the other name for Sandhya is Saanjh.

"Aaj se mai tumhe Saanjh bulaunga."

"Wo kyu?"

She asked pouting.

"Kyunki Sandhya ka dusra naam Saanjh hota hai toh tumhara bhi hoga na."

I said as if it were so obvious.

"Lekin mujhe sab Sandhya hi bulate hai. Saanjh koi bhi nhi bulata."

"Aaj se mai bulaunga.".

I said proudly.

And that's how the name was stuck. No one except me calls her Saanjh.

And the reason why my mother agreed when she heard that Saanjh was going with me was she has always loved Saanjh like a daughter and was always after me to propose her for marriage.

But she is my best buddy yaar. How can I marry her? But what can you do of mothers.

Anyway back to the trip. Fast forward one week and today we were going on our trip.

We landed in Leh and from there we checked into our hotel. Since our major time would be spent outside we booked only one room because we only had to sleep at nights.

On the first day we covered the Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace and the local Leh Market.

I was driving the bike while Saanjh shot everything on her handycam.

The trip was going to be so fun and well, life changing for both of us.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️