8.

It was Mihira's 26th birthday and she was celebrating it with her family after a very long time. She was really excited.

The venue was booked and invitations were sent. Mihira got ready in a powder green gown that hugged her curves perfectly and reached the venue with Kiyansh.

He too was wearing a two piece suit matching with that of Mihira's. Coincidence he said. *Yeah we know😏*

She hugged her parents who kissed her head and blessed her to stay happy always. His parents were present too. They have already met Mihira a lot of times in the past two years.

Soon the guests started coming and wishing her one by one.

The grin on her face never withered. She was happy to be able to enjoy it all again. Without any fear. All thanks to the man who stood at a distance from her talking to one of her cousins.

She felt really happy. After the celebration the guests started leaving one by one. It was 12 by the time they finally left.

Mihira, Kiyansh and their parents were the only ones left. She was collecting all the gifts and their stuff when she felt someone hold her hand.

She turned to see Kiyansh standing there with a smile. She smiled and he looked back at her parents who smiled nodding their heads.

He caressed her hands with his thumb and said.

"I don't know how to beat around the bush or talk in circles. I am in love with you Mihira. I have been in love with you ever since we met. Love at first sight na sahi but yes you have intrigued me since the very first meet. I wanted to ask you this in front of the two most important people in your life."

He said and she looked into her eyes with her heart beating like she had just run a marathon.

"I've always wanted to be a one woman man Mihira. I've always wanted to be with only my wife. And I want you to be that woman."

He left her hands, took a step back, knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said.

"Marry me Mihira!"

Although she knew that he would propose her someday or the other but still the surprise on her face was clear.

She looked at her parents who were smiling with tears shining in their eyes.

She looked back at him, pulled him back up and launched herself in his arms making him chuckle and kiss her head.

"I love you so much."

She whispered with her head in the crook of his neck and he smiled.

"And I'll marry you."

She whispered pulling back and he mumbled a thank you while resting his forehead on hers.

He slipped the ring in her hand and she blushed hiding her face in his chest.

Their parents blessed them and his mother teased them by saying.

"Toh kab shaadi krne ka iraada hai?"

"Kl hi kr lete hai."

Kiyansh grinned making Mihira hit his arm and their parents laugh at his desperacy.

A few days later the families officially met and decided on the dates. The shagun and everything was exchanged and the two were rokafied.

She on her parents insistence agreed to stay with them till the marriage. They have shifted their home an year back so that their daughter wouldn't have any problem visiting them or staying with them as she liked.

Their wedding was in two months and the shopping and arrangements were going on full swing.

Today also her parents were out to select the invitation cards along with his parents so she was home alone when the bell rang.

She opened it and grinned seeing him standing there.

"Hii!"

He chuckled seeing her excitement and kissed her head.

"Since our parents are out shopping maine socha kyu na mai apni fiancee ko company dedu. Akele bore ho rhi hogi na bechari."

He said making a bechara face and she nodded her head.

"Ofcourse!"

She rolled her eyes and he narrowed his eyes pulling her closer.

"Are you happy?"

He asked genuinely and she smiled wide.

"Yes! I am very happy Kiyansh."

He kissed her hand and she smiled cutely.

"Achha I have to tell you something. Kuch socha maine."

He said remembering the main purpose for his visit. She raised her eyebrows at him and he sat on the sofa pulling her on his lap sideways.

She wiggled trying to make herself comfortable. He held her waist and groaned.

"Stop moving! Will you?"

She blushed at his husky voice and stopped immediately.

"Achha baadme sharma lena pehle listen."

He said and she hit his arm making him chuckle.

"Ok so I was thinking that since we have our houses adjacent to each other's toh ab shaadi ke baad do gharo ki zarurat nhi padegi toh why don't we renovate our houses and join them together. Jo ek connecting wall hai dono ke beech ki usse tudwa ke we will get much larger space and also shaadi ke baad agar any of our parents want to visit us toh we'll have a spare room. And then future mai when we have kids toh unke liye bhi room rahega na."

She pondered on what he had said. Slowly a smile formed on her face.

"This is such an amazing idea. Maine kyu nhi socha ye?"

She pouted and he chuckled.

"Kyunki tum meri tarah smart nhi ho na. I mean you are smart but not as much as I am."

He said with a shrug and she rolled her eyes.

"Achha iss amazing idea ke liye gift kya milega mujhe?"

She round her arms around his neck and asked.

"Kya gift chahiye?"

"Umm chahiye toh bhut kuch lekin abhi ke liye a kiss would do."

She frowned and said.

"Itne mai khush ho jaaoge tum?"

He nodded and she shrugged.

"Ok."

She said and kissed his cheek.

"What was this?"

"Kiss! Tumne maangi na."

She said as if explaining a child. He scowled and said.

"You call this a kiss?"

She nodded and asked.

"Kyu? What else do you call a kiss then?"

"Oh let me show you!"

He said and took her lips between his making her eyes widen his shock and told her the exact definition of what he called a kiss.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️