3.

Aashi's POV

I was sitting motionless. Did mumma say what I thought she said.

"Aashi? Kya hua beta?"

She asked and I came out of my reverie.

"Kya bola aapne?"

I asked her and she smiled repeating her words.

"Dia ki mummy ne rishta bhijwaya hai Shivansh ka tere liye. Agar tu haan karegi toh ek do din mai unhe bula kr rishta pakka kr lenge."

It was true. She had said that. Me. My marriage. With Shivansh. My best friend's brother who had always scolded me and has been angry with me.

I gulped and looked at her hesitantly.

"Mumma-mai-"

She sensed my apprehension and said.

"Hum force nhi kr rhe tujhe. Bas itna kahungi ki uss family ko hun bhut achhe se jaante hai aur tu bhi sabko bhut achhe se jaanti hai. Rahi baat Shivansh ki. Wo bacha bhi hamari aankhon ke saamne bada hua hai. Itne saal bahar rehne ke baad bhi zara nhi badla wo. Main itni keh skti hu ki agar tu haan krti hai toh wo tera bilkul rani ko tarah khayal rakhega. Baaki tu aaram se soch le. Apna time le aur phir apna faisla hume bta dena."

She said and went away leaving me to my thoughts.

I was so confused. This sudden marriage discussion had left me double minded.

Dia was really happy and wanted me to say yes because she wanted us to stay together.

But I couldn't do that. It's my whole life. Although the prospect of living with Dia and aunty seems tempting but that would mean getting him as my husband.

Husband! God! The term alone sends shivers down my spine.

I think I should wait. Maybe he himself says no. What if I say yes and he denies afterwards. No! That would be too embarassing.

So! I waited. For a full week. Just like munma promised no one forced me. Well, except for my own best friend but that is a different story.

Also, yesterday I got a big shocker. I was waiting for him to deny but I got to know that he had already said yes.

Dia told me that he was strangely really happy about it too. That means he wanted to marry me. Me?

Since then all I have been thinking about is him. Why would he be happy to marry me if he had always only scolded me.

Suddenly a thought came to me and I sat straight gasping loudly.

Did he want to take revenge and scold me all life?

No! This was too childish. He certainly did not have time to take revenge and that too on me.

Then what? Why would he say yes and be happy about it.

Maybe he is trying to give it a chance? Should I do it too? Maybe I should. There is no harm in that right?

Shivansh's POV

It's been a week and there has been no reply from her yet. I am slowly starting to lose hope and was getting sure that she is going to deny.

Why else would she take so long right?

I was sitting in my room in front of the computer when Dia barged in and squealed loudly.

"Kuch samajh nhi aa rha mujhe. Insaano ki basha mai bol."

I said and she calmed down a little. That creepy grin on her face scared me.

"Aashi said yes!"

My fingers on the keyboard stopped and I turned to her removing my specs.

"What!?"

She nodded so hard that I was scared her head would fall off.

"Yes! She said yes for the marriage. Hum kal sab final krne jaa rhe hai. And if everything goes well, toh iss Sunday aapka roka hai."

I blinked and looked at her.

"Really? She said yes?"

I was unable to believe it still. She had said yes. That means she wants to get married to me.

"Haan bhai. Who can resist my brother after all."

She said flipping her hair but I was beyond that. A smile was slowly making its way on my face. I didn't even realise I was smiling so widely unless Dia mentioned it.

"You are grinning and blushing bhai."

Her tone was teasing. She was wiggling her eyebrows and my ears turned hot.

I cleared my throat and turned back to the computer.

"Bahar jaao Dia. Mai kaam kr rha hu."

I tried to keep the excitement in my voice away as much as I could.

"Haan haan bhai. Chhupa lo apni excitement. Mujhe sab pata hai. Mann mai ladoo phut rhe hai."

She said and thankfully went out. As soon as I heard the door click I got up and looked at the floor with a smile.

Yes!

I fist bumped in the air and laughed with happiness.

God! I am so happy today. I am going to see her tomorrow.

I immediately started searching my wardrobe for a good outfit. I need to make a good impression on her.

I found the perfect one. A simple royal blue shirt. Her favourite colour.

The next morning I was ready at 10. I went out and saw mumma and papa still talking to each other. Not dressed for the meet.

"Aap log taiyar nhi huye abhi tak?"

I asked panicking. We are going to be late. Mumma looked at me and then at the time. Papa smiled mischievously and said.

"1 bje jaana hai beta. Bhut jldi taiyar ho gye tum aaj."

I smiled sheepishly rubbing my neck and ran back to my room.

Calm your horses Shivansh! Aise toh wo creep samjhegi tujhe.

Somehow waiting till 1 we finally started off to her home.

Today we are going to meet as potential husband and wife.

Just the thought of her as my wife made my heart flutter with happiness.

I rang the bell and aunty opened the door. We were welcomed in and Aashi too joined us talking to Dia and aunty occasionally.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️