6.

She was still holding her brother's dead body when around shot was fired and she heard her father's cry.

"Prarthna!"

She looked beside her and saw her mother lay there with a bullet wound in her chest. Before she could even react another shot was fired and her father fell beside her mother.

In a span of 10 minutes she lost her family. Only because of a slap.

Yashwant held her arms and pulled her up.

"This was for that slap. Tumhe bhi chhodunga nhi mai. No one is spared after touching Yashwant Rai. Lekin tumse pyaar kia hai na maine. Toh tumhe ek chance de rha hu. You have half an hour. Jaha bachke bhaag skti ho bhaago. Kyunki uske baad tumhe shayad chalne layak bhi na chhodu. So run baby. Run!"

He said and pushed her. Tears fell down her eyes helplessly.

"I wish tumhe nark se bhi bhattar maut mile. I hate you Yashwant Rai. I hate you!"

She gave one last look at her parents'and her brother's body and ran.

She ran for her life. After running for 8 hours she finally found the mail train which took her to Delhi.

"And iske baad I met you. Aage ka you know."

She said and bowed her head crying silently.

"My one mistake cost me everything. Sab kuch kho dia maine ek hi pal mai. I lost my family. I lost my everything."

She sobbed hiding her face in her knees. Anush pulled her in his arms and rubbed her back and caressed her hair.

"Shh! Pari! Its not your fault. Nothing is your fault. He is the one responsible for everything."

"He killed my family Anush!"

She cried and kept her head on his chest. He cupped her face and made her look at him.

"You believe in God right?"

He asked and she nodded looking at him teary eyed.

"And you know wo kuch bhi galat nhi hone dete."

She nodded again and he smiled slightly removing her hair from her face.

"Toh bas phir. Trust him. And I am sure that your family is at a much better place. Haan! They must be looking at you right now. Tum unhe apne aise rota hua chehra dikhaogi? Would they be happy?"

She shook her head and wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"Hmm. So now you won't cry over that bastard again. Usko uske kiye ki saza milegi and I promise you that."

She nodded and then whispered brokenly.

"But I lost my family Anush."

"Achha? Then who is Vineeta to you? Is she not your family? Who are mumma papa to you? Are they not your family? Since the day you came here tumhe kabhi bhi ye laga ki they are not your family. And what about me? Am I not your family Pari?"