6.

Nina and Aviraj sat on their usual place in the morning. Both of their expressions serious.

Nina had told him what happened with her mother yesterday.

"She isn't wrong Nina."

He finally uttered making her look at him. He was still looking at front.

"Whatever we did in impulse was kinda not okay. I mean actually agar authorities waha hoti toh there's a chance ki hamare parents involve ho jaate and situation aur bigad jaati."

He then turned to her and softly grasped her hand.

"Mere liye you and my career both are important. Mai dono mai se kisi ek ko choose nhi kr skta Nina. But yes. If at this moment I have to make a choice. Chaahe forcefully hi sahi. I'd choose my career."

His words made her look at him wide eyed. Was he breaking up with her?

He chuckled at her expressions and pulled her in a side hug.

"Chah kr bhi I can't stay away from you so apne dimag ke ghoodon ko shant kro. What I meant was ki iss waqt mai iss relationship se jyada apne career pr focus karna chahta hu and I want you to do that too. So that we can focus on each other completely when the time comes. Ab your father won't let you marry a person who doesn't earn a decent income right?"

He asked making her understand and she nodded. Obviously! No father would. Infact, no parent would.

"You won't leave me right?"

She asked and he smiled. Kissing her forehead he said.

"Chah kr bhi nhi kr skta. Phasa lia tune mujhe."

She laughed with slight tears and hugged him.

"I love you."

She mumbled and he hummed hugging her tighter.

"Kya hmm? Say it back!"

He laughed and whispered the words back.

*5 years later*

College life was over. Nina and Aviraj's relationship was still going strong.

Both their mothers were aware about it. They approved of it saying the two should be capable of each other first.

These five years saw a lot of things. Arguments, rough days, lovey dovey moments and even some steamy moments but both Nina and Aviraj were clear about their focus.

They wanted to make their career first. They were well aware about their limits. Both of them didn't want anything to go wrong.

There was a time when Nina felt like it was getting very monotonous and she was losing interest but Aviraj didn't lose his hope and did not give up on her.

"You want a break. We can take that. You want a-a breakup. We-we can do that. But ek baat hamesha yaad rakhna that I'll always love you and I'll always wait for you."

He had said with a soft smile although she know how much these words tore him from inside. But he said those so that she doesn't feel bad.

And then she had hugged him tight and sobbed into his arms repeating apologies for hurting him again and again.

It was a difficult time but in the end it made their relationship stronger than before.

Today was their graduation. Their actual were about to begin now.

A lot of tears were to be shed. Happy and sad both. Everyone promises to be in touch but deep inside they know the reality.

Nina too was happy and sad. Happy because she had finally stepped into adulthood officially and sad because she knew she wouldn't be able to see her friends regularly now.

The friends she had grown to love as a family. The feelings were reciprocated.

Nina had given an interview for a job in a company that came for campus placement. She had received offer letter from there.

Aviraj too had given an interview but she did not get a chance to ask him about the result.

After the ceremony they decided to sit in a cafe. They sat around a round table.

Nisha and Akshant beside each other. To Nisha's other side, Nina and beside her Aviraj, on Akshant's other side, Niharika and beside him Abhiraj.

Oh! And Abhiraj proposed Niharika and the two were dating since long now.

The couples sat and had their food happily. Nina could see worry on Aviraj's face although he waved it off everytime she asked.

She even noticed Abhiraj action him something but Aviraj and he had some talks in their eyes and minds and Abhiraj sighed.

Nina narrowed her eyes at him and looked at him suspiciously.

"What is it?"

She hissed and he smiled slightly. She amused him at times. At times? Who was he kidding. She was lifetime amusement.

"I'll tell you later."

He said kissing her head to calm her. She smiled cutely at him and snuggled against him.

He smiled. She hadn't changed one bit.

His smile fell. How would she react after knowing it? How will I handle her if she get's angry?

After chilling there for some time they finally got up to leave. Akshant and Nisha went together. While Abhiraj and Niharika waited for Nina and Aviraj in the car.

Aviraj held Nina's hand and pulled her in a secluded corner. She smiled mischievously at him. Rounding her arms around his waist she asked.

"What are you planinng to do Avi?"

He looked at her seriously and finally broke the news to her.

"I applied for higher studies in London."

Her smile slowly fell as she processed his words.

"Higher studies? London? Tumne toh yaha job ke liye interview dia tha na? What about that?"

She asked and he sighed.

"I didn't take that up. Nina you know ki mai hamesha se Hydro Engineering pursue krna chahta tha. I applied in The Imperial College in UK. I received the acceptance letter yesterday. Iss month ki end mai joining hai. I am leaving in two weeks."

She looked at him shocked. He hid such a huge thing from her and was now telling her so casually.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️