4.

Aarushi's POV

My shift was finally over and I was heading home after instructing the nurses what they have to do in my absence.

I didn't want to leave Yudhvan alone but my body needed rest. Desperately.

Also, Rishi would be here in some time.

I reached home and had a refreshing bath. My body started relaxing and the exhaustion of the shift started taking over me.

I was damn hungry so I went out to see what papa had made. He was setting the table and I smiled seeing bread omelette.

I hugged him tightly and he kissed my head. I sighed and looked at him with a huge grin.

"Kya baat hai? Aaj bhut chehak rhi hai? Kuch hua hai kya?"

He asked and I started telling him about Yudhvan and everything that happened in the past two days.

He was shocked and looked angry and saddened about what happened with him but was happy that he was finally getting better.

"Toh ab? What is going to happen to him? I mean discharge ke baad."

I gulped the morsel down and answered him.

"Rishi adopt kr rhe hai usse."

He nodded and smiled.

"Feels good to know ki aaj bhi aise log hai jinme insaniyat baaki hai."

I nodded and smiled. We then had our food talking in between and filling each other about our days.

I remembered something and said.

"Achha haan. Ho skta hai kuch time mai meri shift 24 hours ki ho jaaye. Naye recruits aa rhe hai."

I said and papa nodded.

"Chalo achha hai. Khud ke liye time toh milega tujhe. Aur phir ab teri shaadi ka bhi toh sochna hai."

He said and I didn't know why but Rishi's statement came to my mind.

Toh dono ki shaadi krwa dete hai.

I know he was joking but an image of us together came into my mind.

I heard a throat clearing and looked at papa who was looking at me raising his eyebrow mischievously.

I sobered up and started eating like nothing happened.

"Kuch batana hai kya?"

He asked teasingly and I pretended to be clueless.

"Kya batana hai? Kuch bhi toh nhi."

"Toh aisa kya soch rhi hai jo laal hoti jaa rhi hai?"

He said and chuckled and I cupped my cheeks. They felt warm. I looked at him and cleared my throat.

After filling my tummy I went to my room and slumped on the bed.

I bit my lip thinking about everything. I think I have a crush. My red cheeks and never withering smile was the proof.

Rishi's POV

It was three weeks after Yudhvan had woken up and today he was discharged.

I have legally adopted him now. He is my son. I just can't describe what I am feeling right now. Seeing him happy and playful is the best feeling ever.

I had thrown a get together and invited the whole family and relatives to introduce my son to them.

Everyone was shocked because this was unexpected to them but I didn't bother telling them the reason. I don't want anyone to look down at Yudhvan.

Aarushi and her father were here too. She had been helping organise everything like she was a part of the family.

Right now Yudhvan was with mumma and she was introducing him as her grandson with a proud smile on her face.

I was talking to my cousins when chachi came to me.

"Bhaye tune toh sab ko surprise de dia. Hum toh teri shaadi ki khabar ka intezaar kr rhe the aur tu iss chhote se rajkumar ko le aaya."

I smiled and looked at Yudhvan who was in Aarushi's arms now. They looked cute. She was talking to him and was making cute faces at him and he was kicking his legs in happiness.

I loved the bond they shared. I came out my Aarushi land feeling a pinch on my arm. Chachi was smiling mischievously.

"Girlfriend?"

She asked teasingly and I looked at her embarassed at being caught.

"What!? Nhi! Umm wo doctor hai jisne Yudhvan ki jaan bachayi."

She nodded in mock agreement.

"Sundar hai!"

"Huh!?"

She laughed and left from there and I smiled sheepishly looking at Aarushi who looked at me at the same time.

We smiled and she looked away when Chachi went to her. She said something to her which made her look at chachi wide eyed and then she looked at me.

She looked back at Chachi flustered and said something which made chachi laugh.

What did she say? Now I am curious. What were they talking about? And why was Aarushi blushing? God! I'll go crazy.

The party was almost over and Yudhvan was asleep by now. She asked me where to make him sleep and I took them to my room.

She placed him in the cot and kissed his head softly.

She kept holding his hand and looking at him.

"Ek baat puchhu?"

She whispered and I hummed looking at her with my hands in my pockets.

"Can I visit him sometimes?"

I frowned and said.

"Isne puchhne wala kya hai? Ofcourse you can."

She smiled and looked back at his sleeping form.

After some time she again asked.

"Have you decided any name for him?"

I frowned again and said.

"He already has a name."

She smiled and said.

"Haan but aapne bhi toh koi naam socha hoga na. Aur wo toh maine aise hi-"

"His name-"

I said moving close to her and said standing in front of her.

"Is Yudhvan. Hamara Yudhvan. Our little warrior."

She looked at me for a long time before giving her most beautiful smile. She tucked her hair behind her ear and excused herself saying she needs to go see her father.

I smiled widely and looked at her retrieving figure. Gosh! She is so cute! So innocent and shy. My shy Aarushi.

I love her so much❤️.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️