4.

It had been almost a month since Aman had woken up and had earned a good earful from Arush about careless when crossing the road. Arush had then burst into tears and pleased him not to do anything like that ever again.

He was doing fine now. Thankfully he did not have any memory loss. His brain also coordinated with his body well. It was just sometimes his grip would loosen and things would randomly slip from his hands.

He was doing exercises to cure that too.

Sanjana was in the living room when she heard the doorbell ring. She went to check thinking it might be Avni but was surprised to see an unfamiliar face.

"Yes? How may I help you?"

The girl looked not more than 25. She smiled warmly and looked conflicted.

"Jee wo mujhe-umm-shit mai toh naam puchhna hi bhul gyi."

The girl started but tracked off and mumbled.

Just then Arush came out of Aman's room typing something on his phone. The girl saw him and her eyes twinkled.

"Mujhe inse kaam hai!"

She shouted in excitement gaining Arush's attention. He looked confused. He looked around and then at the girl and pointed towards himself.

She nodded and went near him.

"Aap thik hai ab?"

Arush was confused. Did he know this girl by any chance and forgot about it. Did he ever flirt with her and has she fallen in love with him? Shit! Avni is going to kill me.

"Aapko mai yaad nhi? Oh my God! You lost your memory!"

She gasped covering her mouth and Arush looked even more confused. Sanjana too couldn't understand anything.

Right at the moment Aman came out of his room.

"Arush tu apna laptop mere room mai chhod aaya."

The girl looked at Arush and then at Aman and then back at Arush. She shifted her gaze to Aman again and realised.

"Ab kaise hai aap? I am really sorry for that day. Mai bhut jaldi mai thi uss din. Isliye-"

Aman smiled and said.

"Hey its ok. I am fine now. Aur usme aapki koi galti nhi thi. It was an accident."

She smiled. Arush and Sanjana understood who she was and went leaving the two.

Sanjana got her water and she smiled thanking her.

"I was feeling so guilty about all of it. Thank God you are safe. Mujhe toh darr lag rha tha. Two days back I met your driver aur unse puchha maine. Waise aapka naam kya hai?"

"Aman."

"Hi Aman. Bhuvika."

Aman smiled and noticed her eyes. They were a beautiful shade of green and grey. But she had dark circles and her eyes looked swollen. As if she hadn't slept properly and cried a lot.

"Your eyes are puffy and red. Are you okay?"

It seemed to have triggered something because her eyes started getting teary. She down and nodded trying to smile.

"I don't want to intrude or something lekin if you want you can share about it."

She smiled sadly and sniffled trying to control her tears.

"I was a in hurry that day. I just got the news that my brother was in an accident. Ussi ke paas jaa rhi thi mai."

"Oh! How's he now?"

Her throat felt constricted and she shook her head still not looking up.

"He's gone! I lost him that day."

Aman was at loss of words. He didn't know what to say or do to comfort her.

"Uss din mai ghar se bhai se lad kr nikli thi gusse mai. Wo mujhe dhundne nikle the when it happened. The last memory I have with him is of us fighting. Thik se bye bhi bol paayi mai. When I reached the hospital he was already gone. I couldn't even meet him one last time."

She said and burst into sobs. He too got emotional.

"I am so sorry for your loss Bhuvika. And I thank you ki tumne uss din meri help kri. You could have seen your brother if not stop and help me. Any other person would have hit and ran saying that they had a valid excuse. But you did not. You helped me in the car. And choosing a stranger over your family is a very big thing."

She looked at him all through as he said this and wiped her tears nodding.

"Thank you. Mera guilt kam krne ke liye."

She whispered hoarsely. Arush was coming out to get water when he saw Bhuvika's teary eyes.

"All okay here?"

He asked eyeing Aman and Bhuvika and Aman nodded motioning him something through eyes which he understood and left from there.

It was one such day when Avni was home and in Arush's room. No one suspected anything because it was her usual thing.

But today Sanjana suddenly remembered that she wanted to talk to Arush about something and so she went to his room.

She opened the door and was shocked to see the scene unfold in front of her eyes.

Arush was sitting on the sofa. No that's not what was shocking. Avni was sitting on his lap straddling him and the two were indulged in a steamy makeout.

"Arush!"

Sanjana yelled and they immediately pulled apart. Arush pushed Avni and she fell on the floor on her bum. They quickly got up and corrected their appearance.

"Kya chal rha hai ye sab?"

She asked pulling Arush's ear making him yell.

"Ouch ouch! Sorry! Aaa lag rhi hai mummy."

"Mummy ke bache. Kya ho rha tha ye?"

Avni tried sneaking out quietly but was caught and Sanjana pulled her ear too.

"Aur tum? Kaha bhaag rhi ho?"

"Ouch sorry aunty. Please kaan chhod do."

She made both of them stand beside each other and they stood like obedient kids.

"Kab se chal rha hai ye?"

"Kuch mahino se."

Arush mumbled and Sanjana smacked him.

"Mahino se? Toh kya bache paida krne ke baad batane wale the hume?"

Arush rubbed his arm and said.

"Abhi kuch mahine hi toh huye hai. Bta dete na."

Sanjana got serious and asked.

"Sirf time pass kr rhe ho ya kuch socha bhi hai?"

Avni too looked at Arush and he looked at both of them.

"Aise pressure toh mat badhao yaar."

Sanjana hit him again and said.

"Pressure ke bache ek lagaungi zor se. Shaadi ka socha hai ya nhi?"

He pulled Avni in a side hug and said.

"Kr lenge shaadi bhi."

She smiled and rested her cheek against his chest.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️