2.

Arjun looked at Arnav as if he had lost his mind.

"Dimag sahi hai na tera? Paagal saale mai kahi kisi blind date pr nhi jaa rha. Especially for you."

He said and Arnav gasped. He picked up his phone searched something and put it on the table.

Apne hi girate hai nasheman pe bijliya

The song played while Arnav put his hand on his heart with a sad expression on his face.

Arjun rolled his eyes and switched off the song.

"Fine! Tell me the details."

He grrumbled and Arnav yayyed loudly hugging him. Arjun pushed him away scandalised.

"Don't!"

He warned and Arnav nodded with happiness.

He told him how his mother had announced that he was going to marry this girl with finality and how he wanted him to shoo her away.

Finally the day was here. Adya was getting ready. Advika was instructing her what to do.

"Jab sab pata hai tujhe toh khud kyu nhi jaa rhi?"

Adya asked irritated because she was listening to the same thing for the fifth time.

"Tere jitni expert hoti mai ladke bhagane mai toh baat hi kya thi."

Advika sighed dramatically and Adya rolled her eyes.

Arnav too was busy in correcting Arjun's collar and telling him what to do and what NOT to do.

"Go for it mere cheette!"

He said making Arjun cringe. He shook his head knowing it was no use to say anything to him and went to the address he gave.

He asked for the table reserved under Arnav's oh his name now.

He sat and waited for the girl to arrive. How is she supposed to be polite yet shoo her away.

Should I do something weird like ask for a salted coffee or get something non veg knowing that she is vegetarian if she is at all vegetarian?

He was planning ways to piss her off so she says no to this marriage herself when his gaze went towards the door.

The waitress was accompanying a young lady of about his age.

She pointed towards his seat and he understood that she was the one.

She thanked the waitress and smiled in his direction. He got up and looked at her stumped.

She was beautiful.

He awe changed into jealousy when he realised that she was too be arranged with Arnav. Why was Arnav arranged with her?

His jealousy turned into annoyance thinking about her and Arnav. Why was he feeling such emotions and being jealous of his own best friend for the girl he had just seen.

Whereas Adya was looking at his changing expressions as she walked towards him.

She for the first time in her life was jealous of Advika. Why was Advika arranged with him?

She did not want to imagine him with Advika.

Unknown to each other their hearts and minds have already made space for each other. It may have started at like at first sight but their journey was going to be a long one.

Adya stopped in front of him and forwarded her hand.

"Advika Malhotra."

She introduced herself as Advika. He took her hand and shook it warmly while she relishing the feel of her hand in his.

"Arnav Sinha."

They settled down on their seats. Arjun slid the menu to her and she smiled with a nod. She gave her order followed by Arjun.

"So? Hamare parents ek dusre ko kaise jaante hai?"

She asked what Advika had asked her to. Arjun looked at her shocked. She didn't know who she was meeting. She didn't know how their parents were related. She didn't know anything at all.

Why did he not introduce himself as himself then. He cursed himself in mind.

"Umm-I don't know but I think they are business partners or something jaha tak mujhe andaza hai."

He said what Arnav had told him. Oh how he wanted to tell her about himself. The true himself.

Their order arrived and they started to have their food while asking each other random questions much opposed to what their respective best friends had said.

In no time they were talking about everything related to their real self. By the end of it none of them wanted to leave but they had to.

"It was nice meeting you. I'd love to see you again."

Adya said before she could realise what she was saying. Arjun smiled and said.

"I'd love to too."

Adya reached home with a huge dreamy smile. Advika who was waiting in her room munching on her chips stopped abruptly seeing her arrive and started to hide the empty packets from her.

She stopped when she noticed that Adya wasn't paying attention and asked.

"Kya hua? How did it go?"

Adya looked at Advika and hugged her tightly.

"I love you so much. Thank you mujhe waha bhejne ke liye."

She said making Advika more confused.

"Advi! He is so handsome yaar. I think I like him."

She whispered and started giggling and sat with a dreamy expression.

"Uski awaaz haayeee. Uski aankhen ufff. Uski body damnnn. Merko aise major simp wali feeling aa rhi hai."

Advika too started giggling and the two girls discussed about her crush on the supposed 'Arnav'.

While Arjun reached home to see a sleeping Arnav sprawled on his bed.

He kicked him from his bed waking him up and slumped on it. Arnav grumbled and got up rubbing his bum.

He sat beside him and looked at his deep thinking expression. Arjun was thinking about how to meet her again.

"How did it go?"

Arnav asked excitedly.

"Very good."

He said thinking about their meet. How they talked about each other and laughed about things. Everything felt so natural with her.

Arnav danced mentally that his mother would not bother him anymore now whereas Advika had told her mother about the meet and on the insistence of Adya asked her to arrange another meeting sometime.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️