5.

Anush and Pari were on the terrace. Laid on a mat under the stars and admiring the beautiful sky.

Anush had a peaceful smile on his face while Pari was lost in her thoughts.

"A few months back a man visited my bakery."

He looked at her frowning. His eyes widened as he realised she was telling him about her past.

Pari went down her memory lane. The memoried bought tears in her eyes.

She was in her bakery and since the boy who usually sat on the reception for orders was on an off due to ill health she was going to and fro from the kitchen to the reception.

The day was not very busy and she had a few customers so it wasn't much difficult.

It was around 3 in the noon when a man who looked like he was in his early 30s entered.

He looked like a big shot but she couldn't recognise him. She smiled politely like she did with any other customer but this man seemed to he smitten by her at the first sight.

He gave his order but frowned when she went inside disturbing his staring session.

For the next two days Pari only looked after the reception and he came daily now.

On the third day the boy who usually sat on the reception was back and so Pari was back to her kitchen. She came out of the kitchen hearing loud noises from outside and saw the same man shouting and yelling at the boy.

"I want you to be here when I visit."

He said looking at Pari who looked around embarrassed.

"Really sorry sir but that's not my job."

"I don't care baby. I want you here and I get what I want."

He said and left. The incident was forgotten after some time but the next day he came and started breaking things when he didn't find her there.

"Sir please. If you continue doing this I'll complain in the police. Aap aise meri property ko harm nhi kr skte."

Pari warned him only for him to snicker.

"Police? The police cannot do anything to me baby. I am the MLA's son. No one can touch me. You can though."

He said in a creepy tone and Pari felt a little scared.

The following month he came daily and just sat there observing and staring at her work. It made her uncomfortable but just like he said she couldn't do anything.

One day she saw him in front of her house waving at her like a creep and that's when she lost it. She got so scared that she told her father about everything.

Her father said that he would get a restraining order the next day but before he could do anything the man came to their house with his men.

"Namaste future sasurji!"

He greeted her father who looked at him angrily.

"Ye kya badtameezi hai? Get out of my house!"

He yelled and the man snickered.

"Arre sasurji! Mai toh yaha rishta lekar aaya tha. Lekin aap toh naaraz ho gye. Koi baat nhi. Abhi aapko good news nhi pata na. Toh baat ye hai ki mujhe aapki beti pasand aa gyi aur mai usse shaadi krna chahta hu."

"Get out of here! Tumhe lagta hai mai apni beti ki shaadi tum jaise criminal se krwa dunga. Bilkul nhi! Get out!"

He yelled and now the man looked at him dangerously.

"Gussa kr rhe hai sasurji. Koi baat nhi. Abhi jaane dia. Lekin dobara apni awaaz unchi mat krna."

He pointed his finger and left. Pari stood at a corner looking at everything with fear.

The same day her father didn't waste anymore time and got a restraining order against him.

The next around at 5am Pari woke up hearing loud noises outside and went out to see Yashwant, the man along with his men. All of them armed and carrying trays full of stuff.

"Restraining order laayega tu mere against? Kab tak dur rakh paayega mujhe isse. Ye toh meri ho kar rahegi. Izzat se le jaana chahta tha. Lekin ab zabardasti krni padegi."

He cocked his gun and pointed it at her father's head making everyone gasp.

"Ye dress aur jewellery lo. Beauticians aa gye hai. 3 ghante ke andar ready chahiye."

He put forward the trays carrying a bridal dress and heavy jewellery and gave it to her. She looked at him wide eyed. Her body shaking witu fear.

Her father was at gunpoint and she couldn't do anything about it. She did what she could at the moment.

She went inside looking at her parents with tears in her eyes.

He forcefully took them to the temple where he had arranged everything. He made her sit at the altar and she looked at her parents who shook their head.

She looked down and clenched her fists. She couldn't marry him. She won't let him destroy her life.

And then she did what cost her everything.

She got up making him shocked. He got up and started to say something but she slapped him. Hard. His face turned to a side due to the impact.

When he looked back at her his eyes were red in anger. But he didn't say anything. He just took out his revolver and fired a shot.

She heard a loud thud and her parents scream.

"Ashu!"

Her parents shouted making her go numb. She turned around slowly and ground slipped beneath her feet.

He had killed her brother. She ran to his lifeless body and held his face.

"Ashu! Bache! Wake up! I am sorry Ashu! Didu won't let anything happen to you. Aankhein khol bache. Please. Ashu!"

She cried holding his face to her chest. She cried loudly. Only she did not know at the moment that the she was to see a lot of blood that day.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️