3.

Aaditri's POV

I run to my cabin and slump on the chair.

My body shaking violently. Why? Why do those memories have to come back?

When Avyan sir came near me I was reminded of him. Why?

Avyan sir is not him. And he will never be him.

I didn't even realise when the tears started falling down. I thought I was over those memories but this incident proved otherwise.

He is going to haunt my memories and my life forever. I keep a hand on my mouth to control my sobs.

A knock reverberates in the cabin and before I could reply Avyan sir comes inside. His frown changes into something I couldn't decipher and for the first time he doesn't look dominating but caring.

He sighed and said walking towards me.

"I don't know what happened but I am sorry if I went overboard there. Mera aisa koi intention nhi tha. But I am sure you are not crying so bad because of that."

He sat on his knee near me and asked in the softest tone I have heard him using.

"Kya hua hai Aaditri?"

The way he spoke the sentence made my tears fall again. I just hid my face in my hands and cried.

I felt myself being pulled into a comforting hug and he caressed my back and hair like I was a baby.

I don't know for how long I cried. When I realised where I was and what I was doing I pulled back abruptly sniffing and wiping my tears.

"I am sorry sir I-"

I said looking down and he sighed.

"Can we forget that I am your boss for some time. Ek dost ki tarah baat kr skti ho?"

I looked at him and he was looking at me very seriously.

"I know something I did triggered something inside you. Do you want to talk about it?"

I don't think I can. I want to but won't be able to. Without breaking down again.

Biting my lip I shook my head and he sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I know you want to. It written on your face."

I close my eyes. How and why is he able to read my face?

"Ms Aaditri! As your employer I am entitled to know anything and everything about you that might affect your performance at work."

He started strictly and I felt like he was back to the employer mode.

"Batao kya baat hai Aaditri? I think we are this close now that you can share your feelings with me."

My eyes turned glassy again. Those memories are too much for me.

Avyan's POV

When she did not speak anything for a few moments I felt like she won't talk to me about it.

Her tears were killing me from inside and I wanted to wipe them and kiss her tears and wounds.

"My father physically abused mumma."

I would not have heard her if the room was not silent. Her voice was almost a whisper.

I looked at her. Her eyes were closed and tears were falling down her eyes.

"Mai bhut chhoti thi tabse. Pehle toh samajh nhi aata tha ki mumma itna kyu darti hai unse aur kyu har raat mujhe mere hi kamre mai band kr dia jaata hai."

She started speaking and I kept quiet all along.

"I was 15 when he hit me for the first time. He came home drunk aur mumma ko maarne lage. Jab maine unhe rokne ki koshish ki toh he started hitting me too."

She wiped her tears and sniffed. I poured a glass of water and passed it to her. She gulped half of it in a go and started speaking again.

"Uske baad se do saal tak this continued. He would come home drunk and then hit both of us. Mumma ne kaafi baar complaint krne ki koshish ki par neighbourhood mai unki reputation achhi hone ke kaaran kisi se believe hi nhi kia."

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes as a sob escaped her mouth.

"I was 17 jab unke dur ke koi rishtedar ghar aaye huye the. I used to study at night isliye mai uthi hui thi aur kitchen se apne liye kuch khaane ko lene gyi thi when-"

She hiccupped and I closed my eyes knowing where this is going.

"Its ok. You don't have to say it."

"Nhi. I need to. Agar aaj nhi bola toh shayad phir kabhi kisi se na keh paau Avyan. Please let me speak."

She sniffed and continued.

"His brother came and started talking to me. At first he started normally but dheere dheere he started coming closer and closer. Maine jab waha se jaane ki koshish ki toh he pulled me back and started molesting me. His hands were roaming all over my body and his lips were on my neck and chest. Wo feeling- wo feeling aaj bhi mujhe raaton ko sone nhi deti. Uska wo touch aur wo aawaz aaj bhi mujhe haunt krti hai Avyan. I-I -"

She broke down again and I gathered her in my arms letting her cry. For the last time.

This girl has gone through so much and now no more. She will be getting what is deserving of.

I promise her in my mind.

No one is ever going to harm you now. Till the time I an with you no one can even touch you.

Involuntarily my hands cupped her face and I wiped her tears and kissed her forehead softly.

Her tear filled eyes looking at me with innocence and so mug trust made me promise myself that I would protect this girl with all my life and love her with all my heart.

I hug her again and she snuggles into my arms letting her tears free. If that man is still alive he is going to pay for her tears with his life.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️