3.

Vaani's POV

It has been six months since our alliance was done. One month since my graduation. And one week since my marriage.

Yeah! I know. Time passed by in a spur.

The beginning of my relationship with Ayush was a little awkward but slowly we both got comfortable with the fact that we were not only student and professor but also fiances now.

I still remember how I used to call him sir even when we were alone in the beginning.

We were in his car after college and he was dropping me home.

He was the one who insisted to drop me home every day much to my father's apprehension but papaji did not say anything because he was the damad and could get anything.

He was driving and I was sitting on the passenger seat looking outside trying not to feel awkward. I had said yes to the marriage because I wanted an out of the daily fights from my own father into letting me live my life.

"Wanna have something?"

He asked eyeing the restaurants in front of us. I shook my head politely.

"No sir. Thank you."

I heard him sigh.

"Who am I Vaani?"

He asked and I looked at him incredulously.

"Umm- Professor Ayush?"

He groaned and asked.

"Who am I to you?"

"Oh! Umm-professor."

He groaned again and said impatiently.

"Am I only your professor girl?"

"Umm-fiance bhi hai."

He sighed and said.

"Thank God you remember. Now stop calling your fiance 'Sir'."

"Oh! Wo actually -umm- ye sab bhut naya naya hai na toh abhi dheere dheere aadat chhut jaayegi."

I could see a miniscule smile on his face. Since we were talking I gained a little bit courage and asked him.

"Aap roz mujhe drop kyu krte hai? Aapka schedule disturb ho jaata hoga na."

He smiled wider now and looked at me briefly before looking back at the road.

"I don't know but I just like going out of my schedule for you."

His words made me feel warm and I looked out again this time blushing.

I came out of my thoughts feeling a kiss on my forehead.

I look up from my books to see Ayush standing there with a smile.

"Hi!"

He says with a grin and I smile back at him.

"Hi."

I breath out suddenly feeling a little hot. Why is it that whenever he is near me I start feeling that warmth and fuzziness.

Ayush's POV

I was coming back from college and was going to pick Vaani up on the way.

We have been married since two weeks now and I am happy I got married to her.

She is so innocently beautiful and she doesn't even know it.

I saw her standing at one corner of the road. She saw me and smiled coming to the car.

"Hi. How was your day?"

I asked and she grinned.

"Great! Aapko pata hai kya?"

And she went on to tell me how the one property broker she met agreed on her terms and she was going to finalise the deal in a week's time.

She has been finding places to conduct her tution classes. Right now she has only a few students to it's easy to manage them at home but once the number increases it will become difficult so she wants to manage it right now only.

I sent her details of a few dealers and she has been meeting them since a few days.

"Ayush aap sun bhi rhe hai?"

She complained and I smiled kissing her knuckles lightly.

"Ofcourse meri jaan. Sun rha hu. Toh when are you planning to shift now that you finally will have your place?"

She blushed initially but then again bubbled up with excitement and started telling me her plans.

God! How I love this girl! In such a short span of time she has become so important to me that I can't even imagine a life without her.

I love how she reacts to my touch or my proximity. The way her breath hitches and she shudders at the slightest brush of skin.

But I don't like how she gets awkward and tried to move away as if I was a stranger and not her husband.

I know she needs time and I am ready to give her that but she needs to start accepting my touch and proximity.

Seems like I need to do a lot of work on our relationship before she starts accepting me.

We reach home and she ran inside shouting for mumma and telling her what all she told me.

Sometimes I feel like they are mother daughter rather than mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.

After dinner we move to our room and I start preparing my bed since it was close to 10.

She opens her book and starts studying. I know I should have been slept by now but I just can't get my eyes off her and I continue to look at her for I don't know how long.

She yawned and shut her book keeping it aside and turned to me.

I quickly closed my eyes pretending to be asleep all the while.

I heard the switch click and I think she switched off the lights.

Then I felt some shuffling beside me and the next moment a pair of lips descended on my forehead.

"Good night."

I heard her whisper and my lips curled into a smile.

Still pretending to be asleep I pulled her closer and heard her gasp.

She remained back for some time but slowly relaxed and snuggled into me making herself comfortable in my arms and chest.

Holding her properly I slipped into slumber. Probably the best sleep of my life.

Now I understand what mumma meant by start living my life. I may not be following my strict schedule nowadays but I am enjoying not following it.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️