3.

Arush froze to his spot as the news hit him. He didn't realise when Avni took him out and they reached the car.

As he realised it he started rushing towards the driving seat.

"Arush! Mai drive kr rhi hu. You are not in a state to drive."

He wanted to protest but she pushed him aside and took her seat on the driving seat.

He sat inside and looked at her for details.

"How is he? Kuch-kuch major toh nhi hai na?"

She looked at him for a brief moment and said.

"I don't know. Uncle said that a car had hit him. Wo usse hospital le kar gye and the doctors have started the treatment lekin abhi kuch keh nhi rhe."

Avni looked at him again and sighed.

"He will be fine Arush. Kuch nhi hoga usse."

She was herself worried but she had to console him.

"He has to be Avni. I don't what I am going to do if anything happens to him."

His voice was choked. She got emotional too.

They reached the hospital and Arush ran inside. Avni ran behind him. He saw the driver who was with Aman and thanked the man for helping Aman nd bringing him here.

Avni too thanked him and asked him what happened while Arush started rushing towards the elevator.

Avni also rushed behind him and they entered the elevator.

Arush felt her hand slip into his and she intertwined their fingers.

"Everything is going to be fine."

She said and kissed his hand in her grasp. He tightened his hold on her and they stepped out.

He saw his parents there. Avni sat beside Sanjana and rubbed her back consoling her.

"He'll be fine aunty."

She whispered while Arush asked Siddharth how Aman was.

"He is undergoing a surgery. Brain mai ek chhota sa concussion tha. The doctors are saying ki agar surgery successful hoti hai toh chances of survival high hai but if not then-"

Sidhharth's voice choked. Arush's eyes teared up seeing his father like that for the first time.

He and Avni went to get the bills sorted when he said.

"I want to get the driver punished. The one who hit him."

Avni held his arm and said.

"I know you are in pain. Meri baat hui driver uncle se. He was crossing the road when the car hit him. That woman immediately helped Aman into the car. It is neither Aman's nor the woman's fault. No one could have stopped it from happening. She did not do it intentionally Arush."

He looked at her teary eyed and she hugged him rubbing his back trying to calm him.

The surgery went on longer than they imagined. It was midnight and it was still going on. Arush asked his parents to leave saying that he and Avni would stay the night.

They protested but Arush convinced them and sent them home.

Avni sat beside him holding his hand and he rested his head on her shoulder. She rested hers on top of his and none of them realised when they slept like that.

Avni woke up feeling her neck stiff. She looked at the time and then at the light of the operation theatre.

It was 6am and the light was still on. The surgery has been going on for almost 12 hours now.

She looked at her shoulder where Arush was sleeping. Worried lines could be seen on his face.

She kissed his head and looked at her groggily. He turned to look at the light and sighed seeing it on.

Both of them got silent for two minutes.

"Coffee?"

He asked her and she replied with a smile.

"Tea."

He nodded and went to fetch two cups. When he returned he saw Avni talking to the doctors. The light was finally off.

He kept the cups on the chair and rushed to them.

"Doctor! How's Aman?"

He asked. The doctor looked at him and said.

"The surgery went well. Concussion remove kr dia humne. But the next 24 hours are going to he very crucial. If he doesn't wake up in the next 24 hours there are chances of him slipping into the state of coma. We are shifting him to the ICU and let's hope for the best."

The doctor said and left and Arush sat on the seat. Avni held his shoulders and he hugged her waist.

She caressed her hair and he let his face rest in her stomach. He was scared. For his brother.

Avni saw Sanjana and Siddharth coming their way.

"Uncle aunty!"

She mumbled and Arush looked up. Sanjana asked about the surgery and Avni informed her. She did a mental prayer for her son and then asked the two to leave for home.

"Puri raat se yaha ho. Jaao thoda rest kr lo and have something."

She said but Arush protested.

"Mai hu yaha bache. Papa hai. Kuch hoga toh hum bula lenge. Ghar jaao and take Avni too. Wo bhi thaki hui hogi."

She said and he nodded looking at Avni. He drove them home. Stopping in front of his house he looked at Avni.

"Stay with me. Please!"

She kissed his forehead and said.

"Freshen up ho kar aayi. And I'll get something to eat too. Tu bhi jaa kr fresh ho jaa."

He nodded and the two went to their respective homes. She came back 45 minutes later and they had their food.

Arush then took her to his room and slept cuddling her while she kept caressing his hair and she too slipped into slumber.

Arush woke up when his phone rang. He looked at the time. It was 12 pm.

His mother was calling him. He looked at Avni sleeping on his chest and carefully picked up his phone.

"Arush! Aman woke up!"

Arush felt a relieved feeling settle in his heart as a smile formed on his face.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️