4.

Aashi's POV

Yesterday I had said yes for the alliance trusting my instincts and my parents.

Today Dia and her family was here along with him to finalise everything.

My father was a little orthodox and religious about kundlis so the priest was called and our kundlis were given to him for matching.

After about half an hour he finally smiled and said that our kundlis matched well and we could proceed with the marriage. He also said that that dates after 4 months and another after 10 months was auspicious.

After the priest left aunty said.

"Bhabhiji! Mujhe lagta hai ab bachhon ko apas mai bhi baat krne dena chahiye. Aakhir rishta badalne jaa rha hai dono ka. Final decision pta chal jaayega."

As soon as aunty said that Dia jumped up and said.

"Haan! Chal Aashi!"

She said and I looked at her trying to understand what she was doing.

"Tum kaha chali?"

Aunty asked her and she said.

"Aap hi ne toh bola. Bacchon ko baat krne do."

Aunty glared at her and said.

"Mai Shivansh aur Aashi ki baat kr rhi thi."

"Lekin rishta toh mera bhi badal rha hai na. Ab wo bhabhi hogi na meri."

She said too innocently and we all burst out laughing. Aunty still glared at her and she sat back down giggling sheepishly.

"Mai yahi kehne wali thi bhabhi! Aashi jaao beta Shivansh ko terrace pr le jaao."

As soon as mumma said that he got up a little too quickly. I followed suit and guided him to the terrace.

I went near my favourite spot and sat on the swing while he observed the flowers near the swing.

"Aapne kyu haan kri iss rishte ke liye?"

I asked him the question in my mind since the beginning.

He didn't turn to me but a smile formed on his lips.

"First, I know you well. Second, mujhe laga mai tumhare saath life spend kr skta hu."

I continued to look at him and said.

"Aap bhut daantte the mujhe."

He chuckled and looked at me.

"Nhi!"

I looked at him wide eyed at his blatant lie and said.

"Haan! Yaad nhi aapko. Jab aap jaa rhe the tab kitne tez gussa kia tha aapne. Usse pehle bhi bhut baar daanta tha."

I said and he chuckled while sitting next to me.

"Toh? Bhai bola tha tumne mujhe. Which man would like his fiancee calling him bhai?"

I looked at him with narrowed eyes and said.

"Tab fiance nhi the aap mere."

Shivansh's POV

I looked away not knowing what to answer. I couldn't tell her that I have loved her since I was 15.

She would freak out. Yeah! Bad idea!

I cleared my throat and said.

"Chhodo na wo. Purani baatein hai. We were kids then. Ab toh nhi daanta na maine jab se mai aaya hu."

"Hum uske baad mile hi abhi hai."

She said and I turned to her and said.

"Toh ab bhi kaha daant rha hu."

She turned her face away but  I could see the faint smile on her lips. A hairstrand fell on her face and my hands itched to put it back. I cleared my throat and asked.

"Why did you say yes?"

She turned to me and shrugged.

"Mumma likes you a little too much. Honestly mai shuru mai bhut jyada confused thi. But when I got to know you have said yes toh mujhe laga ki shayad mai bhi ek try toh de skti hu na."

I smiled and looked into her eyes.

"Thank you. Really. I promise you won't regret your decision ever. I promise to he always honest, loyal and caring towards you and your decisions and boundaries. And in the future loving too."

I said the last part a little teasingly and she looked away blushing slightly. She cleared her throat and said.

"You better! And I promise to respect and understand you too. I don't know about love. Wo toh waqt batayega lekin I promise you one thing that after we get married, for me it will be you and no one else."

I was going to say something but the next moment Dia barged in and said.

"Hey lovebirds! Sab neeche bula rhe hai aap dono ko."

She said and left the next moment. We looked at each other and got up.

Going down we sat back on our respective places.

Our families looked at us hopefully and we looked at each other and nodded together. Everyone got up in excitement and started congratulating each other.

Dia was continuously saying something to her while she was blushing slightly and reprimanding her for whatever she was saying.

She looked at me and then again looked away blushing. What was Dia saying to her that she is blushing so much.

After the round of congratulations it was collectively decided that a short roka ceremony would be conducted on the coming Sunday and the wedding date would be the one that was 4 months from now.

In four months from now she was going to be my wife officially.

It took everything in me to control myself from hugging her tightly and never letting her go.

Now that we are getting married I don't think I would be able to keep away from her. But I knew I had to.

I didn't want to scare her. It was still new for her. I was in love with her but she still wasn't and it would be too sudden for her.

Damn! I just realised that she hadn't even uttered my name till now. Now that I think about it I have never heard her take my name.

When we were 5 she used to call me Shiv bhai like Dia did. I almost cringed that my wife used to call me bhai.

But after we grew older she stopped taking my name and just called me aap or something.

I haven't heard my name from her since long.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️