3.

"Tune bola tu shaadi se bhaag aayi toh phir ye mangalsutra aur sindur kaisa?"

Pari looked at her wide eyed. She couldn't tell her that she was forced to marry her brother on the way.

"You're married Pari?"

She asked and Pari looked down.

"Vinni mai abhi tujhe iss baare mai kuch nhi bta skti. I promise I'll tell you everything when the time comes. Tab tak please iss baare mai mujhse kuch mat pooch."

She said and Vinnie nodded. She hugged her again and said.

"Tu abhi yahi rest kr. Mai kal guest room saaf krwa dungi and you can shift there very comfortably. Tujhe yaha kisi se darne ki zarurat nhi hai. Those people cannot touch you here."

Vineeta said and kissed her forehead. Pari laid down and within minutes she was off. The exhaustion and the tension since days took over her.

Vineeta looked at her sleeping form and sighed. The girl had gone through too much. She wanted to make sure that she remains safe now.

Promising herself that she would never let any harm come to her she too slept.

The next morning Vineeta woke up and saw Pari still sleeping. She went out and saw her parents. Her mother asked her about Pari and she sighed and told her parents that she would be staying with them for quite a time.

"Sab thik hai na beta?"

Her mother asked. The way Pari had entered last night got her worried.

"Nhi mumma. Kuch thik nhi hai. She is not safe out there. Some very bad people are behind her. Aur aise mai I want to keep her safe. Jo wo yaha reh skti hai. I can't let her be alone. She has already suffered too much mumma."

Vineeta answered and her parents got worried. Pari came out after freshening up. She had showered and dressed in the clothes that Vineeta took out for her.

She reluctantly came out. She bowed her head in nervousness and looked at them through her lashes.

"Arre waha kyu khadi hai beta? Naashta nhi krna?"

Pari looked at them shocked. How can they treat her so normally like she didn't barge into their home at midnight.

"Umm-haan-ji aayi."

She mumbled and quietly sat beside Vineeta. Vineeta smiled making Pari smile back faintly.

They started their breakfast with Vineeta's parents chatting like usual when her so called husband graced them with his presence.

Any other time Pari would have drooled and appreciated how hot he looked in his formal attire but now nothing mattered to her.

Moreover she knew none of them wanted the marriage.

Pari did not look at him. He gave her a slight glance and then turned to his parents and greeted them with a smile.

Vineeta tried engaging Pari every chance she could but Pari would only reply in one word or sentence. Vineeta sighed mentally knowing it would take her time to get back to normal again.

She clutched her hand under the table and Pari smiled with tears in her eyes. Vineeta blinked her eyes in assurance.

Days passed and Pari slowly started gelling in. Vineeta and her parents played a great role in this. They never let her alone or feel lonely ever.

She never felt like she wasn't staying with her family. They never let her feel like she was an outsider. But Pari couldn't ignore the fact that she was actually an outsider for them.

She was what? Their daughter's college friend. How long will they bear her at their home?

The only family she had left now was her husband. The husband she never wanted and the husband who didn't want her.

Never in this whole month of her leaving with them he ever tried to talk to her and neither did she. She still hadn't told Vineeta about who she got married to.

But she had started noticing the changes.

She had noticed how his gaze would linger on her longer than before. Like he wanted to say something. Like he wanted to talk.

Anush could see the dullness and sadness in her eyes. She pretended to be fine and happy in front of his parents but he knew she wasn't. Something was bothering her. Something was hurting her.

He also knew she got regular nightmares.

He remembered what happened the second week of her stay.

She had shifted to the guest bedroom and it was midnight. Anush was out in the kitchen for a midnight snack when he heard sobs from her room.

Without thinking anything he barged into her room. She was in deep sleep and crying in her sleep.

"Mummaa! Please leave her! No! Papa! Nhi!"

Anush didn't know what it was but the way her body was shaking and sweating he got scared.

He sat beside her and held her shaking body in his arms. He rocked her slowly and mumbled.

"Shh! It's ok! You're safe! Its fine! You're fine!"

He continued to rock her and caress her hair while mumbling in her ears.

Slowly her breathing got normal and her body stopped shaking. He continued to hug her for some time and when he was sure that she was finally asleep again he slowly left her.

He stood at a distance and continued to look at her for a good 5 minutes. She had become a mystery to him. Her smile, her eyes hid so much and he wanted to unravel it.

She was his wife. Legally and rightfully but he couldn't claim that right. He didn't even know her properly. Heck! He didn't know her at all. He just knew that she was his sister's best friend in college.

He didn't know who she actually was. He didn't know where she belonged from. He didn't know who her family was.

Anush sat thinking about it. He had seen how she looked at him when she thought he wasn't looking. Did that mean she wanted to talk to him too?

Maybe he should talk to her afterall.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️