1.

*Trigger warning (Mentions of nightmares)*

Mihira woke up with a gasp and sat straight on the bed. She was sweating badly.

It was the same one again. The same nightmare she had been getting since years now.

She looked out of the window. It was still very dark. Her gaze fell on the digital clock on the side table.

It showed 4:30am. She picked up a glass with shaking hands and poured water in it.

Gulping it down she got inside the blanket and covered herself from top to bottom.

She curled in fetus position and hugged herself. She patted her arms to calm herself.

She could still feel the hands crawling over her body. She felt tears brim her eyes. How long will this go on.

Its been 12 years since it last happened but the nightmares won't stop. Everytime she tries to forget it and move on the nightmares pull her back.

*Trigger end*

After about 10 minutes of crying and another 10 minutes of calming herself down she got out of bed knowing she won't be able to sleep anymore.

It was almost 5 by the time she got off. Since it was mid January the water at this time would be super cold in Delhi so she decided to shower later in the day.

It was a Sunday today so she had an off. She had a few plans for the day. She had thought of baking cookies, gardening, visiting the orphanage and then going on a reading marathon. The only things that she loves to do.

She first of all decided to bake cookies. So she put her hair in a bun and went to the kitchen.

She took out the stuff she would need and got to work. Every month she would make cookies for the kids in the orphanage near her home. The happy and excited smiles on their faces after seeing the delicacies made her happy.

By the time she was done with the baking it was 9. She quickly made herself sandwiches and gulped them down with coffee. She did not like to eat breakfast but her mother would eat her ears off she got to know that she had skipped breakfast.

She went to the balcony where she had maintained her mini garden to do gardening.

From there she saw huge trucks parked in front of their building and she remembered that someone was moving in the house next to hers.

Her previous neighbour was a sweet lady who passed away 2 months back. She liked the woman. She hoped this time she a sweet woman would move next to her.

Mihira did not live with her family. No! She did not have any differences with them. She just couldn't stay in that house anymore. The house that had her worst memories.

Another reason she didn't like that place was because of the really frequent visits of relatives.

And so the moment she turned adult she moved into her separate apartment. And its been 2 years that she is here now. The small one room apartment she called her home.

Her cozy abode. She loved her place. It gave her peace and comfort.

In another two hours Mihira was done with her garden and a satisfied smile formed on her face seeing it.

She then took her towel and clothes and went to take a steaming hot shower.

She felt relaxed and a sigh escaped her lips. She then got ready for the orphanage and packed the cookies.

Taking her car keys she movedd out with her bag and the box of cookies.

Parking her car at her usual place she got out taking the box and entered in with a smile.

Her smile vanished seeing the caretaker's son instead of her. Still maintaining a polite smile as to not come out rude she asked.

"Anita mam nhi hai?"

The man looked up hearing a soft voice and smiled seeing her.

"Arre! I was waiting for you. Mom actually kisi kaam se bahar gyi hai. She told me ki aap aayengi. Please come. The kids are waiting for you."

He said and she smiled hearing about the kids. He guided her and she followed him maintaining a good distance.

"Hey everyone! Look who's here!"

He called and the kids shouted in excitement seeing her. She giggled and showed them the box of cookies making them hoot even louder.

She gave the box to the girl who worked there and she got cookies for all the kids making them yayy.

Mihira felt happy and satisfied seeing them happy. She met the caretaker and left after some time.

She reached home and freshened up. She then started boiling the rice and dal for her lunch.

She had just had her lunch and was washing the dishes when her doorbell rang making her frown.

Who might it be? No one usually visited her. Her parents also came after asking her or atleast informing her. She didn't have any friends and the only person who was regular to her apartment was the old neighbour lady but she too was gone now.

Putting the dished in the stand she moved towards the door. She peeked through the peephole and saw an unknown man standing there looking around the place.

Not knowing who it was she went to the kitchen to get a knife and opened the door with the doorlock still on.

"Hi! Actually I am your new neighbour. Aaj subha hi move kia. My name's Kiyansh."

He said with a wide grin. Mihira scrutinised him from head to toe and clutched the knife tighter.

"Kya kaam hai aapko?"

She asked not caring that she might look rude. She was scared at the moment. Very scared.

Kiyansh frowned at the dry response but shrugged it off and smiled.

"Wo actually mujhe boiling water chahiye tha. Aap de skti hai please."
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️