4.

Aaditri's POV

It has been over a month since my breakdown in his arms.

The aftermath was a bit awkward for me. I couldn't face him for two days straight and only came back to normal when he confronted me.

To be very honest, I felt safe in his arms. The way he held me made me feel like no harm could even touch me when he is there.

I know I shouldn't feel that with my boss but I can't help my feelings now can I.

Also, I know I have to. The employees in the office already have a very bad impression about us.

About a week back I was in the cafeteria when I heard a group of employees talking.

"I mean she is such a slut!"

One of the female employees said among the others. I was appalled. How can she talk like that for anyone.

"I know right. Pura din she stays with the CEO on his floor. The two are alone all the day. God knows kya kya karte honge."

Another one said and I froze. They weren't talking about anyone. They were talking about me.

"I don't think wo aisi hai. I mean she looks really sweet and innocent."

One of the male employees said and the one who said the first statement scowled.

"Innocent my foot. Tum ladko ko innocent looking ladkiyan hi pasand aati hai. It's her trap to trap you guys."

The other one said.

"Par manna padega bhut lamba haath maara hai usne. Seedha hi CEO. I mean have you seen the way he looks at her. I am sure the two are fucking."

I had ran back from there because the way they were talking about me and Avyan was making me sick.

Can a man and a woman not be considered only friends? Is it necessary to give them such tags?

After that day I have tried my best to maintain distance from Avyan lest they assume something worse.

Right now we are sitting in his cabin and discussing about a file that I prepared notes on.

I read him the notes I prepared and looked at him confirm he was listening to me.

I found him looking at me with his face in his hands leaning forward on the table.

I raised my eyebrows at him and he did so too. I chuckled and asked.

"What!?"

He smiled and said.

"You have a very unique name. I mean I have heard Aadriti, Aditi and even Aakriti but Aaditri is something I have heard for the first time. What does it mean?"

I smiled at his question and answered him.

"It's a name of Goddess Laxmi."

His eyes shone up in I think excitement and he sat straight.

"Really?"

He asked as if not believing it. I nodded and he grinned like a kid who just got his favourite candy.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

I asked and he chuckled shaking his head.

"Do you know the meaning of my name?"

I frowned and shook my head.

"Google it up. A-V-Y-A-N. Do it!"

He said and I fished out my phone. I searched the meaning and read it out aloud.

"It means not having any imperfections. It is one of the names of Lord Vishnu."

I looked at him and he looked at me waiting for me to find what he was expecting me to.

And that's when it clicked.

Oh!

"Oh! Ok! What are you implying with this?"

I asked raising my eyebrow and he sobered up.

"Nothing. Just maybe I like you."

I looked at him and blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice. And I burst out laughing.

"Really? Nice joke Avyan. Just because my name means Goddess Laxmi and yours mean Lord Vishnu."

My laughter died seeing the seriousness on his face.

Wait! He can't be serious, can he?

"Avyan?"

He looked at me straight into my eyes and confirmed my fear.

"I like you a lot Aaditri. Maybe even more than like. I think I lo-"

"I have work. I think I should leave."

I said cutting him in between. Without waiting for his reply I gathered my stuff and ran to my cabin.

I slumped on my chair and took a deep breath.

No! This can't happen. We can never work. He has to stop liking me. I can't lose him. I can't lose his friendship to anything.

Avyan's POV

Fuck!

Why did you have to be rash! Kya jaldi lag rhi thi tujhe.

You messed up real bad. You were just getting on good terms and go has to go ahead and confess.

I just scared her and now I don't know what to do.

I know one thing for sure. Whatever her decision maybe I will always respect that.

She is my priority over anything.

It was almost evening when she came to my cabin to submit the files she was working on.

"Aaditri? I am sorry if I sacred you -"

"Avyan! We can never have anything between us. I want to clear this to you pehle hi. Aap aur mai boss and employed ke alawa sirf achhe friends ban skte hai and nothing else. I don't want the other employees to talk about us."

I frowned and said.

"I don't care about what the employees say Aaditri. Mujhe sirf tumse farak padta hai."

She looked at me and said.

"Lekin mujhe farak padta hai Avyan. I don't want anyone to question my actions or our relationship. Kya aap ye kr skte hai?"

I kept looking at her.

Don't do this to me Aaditri. I love you. Why are you not able to see that. Please don't hurt me.

I wanted to say all that but if she wanted us to have only one relationship then so be it.

"Ok. This was the last time we are talking about this. I promise aaj ke baad we will have only one relationship and that is boss and employee."
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️