3.

Aarushi's POV

My shift would be over in 8 hours. I was literally dead.

Attending patients and then looking over Yudhvan. Yes! I call him that. It means a fighter or a warrior.

He truly is a warrior. He has been fighting for his life in there. And I know that he is going to make it now.

Also Mr. Verma, the man who bought him here did not leave the whole night.

I sent him forcefully in the morning but he returned three hours later looking freshly bathed and smelled even more tempting than before.

I should really keep my hormones in check.

I moved out of my cabin to hand over some reports to my colleague when I heard my name.

"Dr. Aarushi?"

It was him. Before I could walk to him to ask what he wanted Aisha came running and shouting my name.

"Dr. Aarushi!"

She panted and said.

"The baby-"

She did not even complete because I ran towards the ICU. My heart beating like crazy at the possibility of something happening to him.

As soon as I entered the ICU I froze.

He was awake. He was looking around the room with his big curious eyes.

I went near him and held his little hand in mine and he looked at me curiously.

He gave me the most innocent and alluring smile I have ever seen and I fell on my knees and cried keeping my head on the bed beside his little body.

I was still holding his hand caressing it lightly. I don't know for how long I sat like that.

I felt a hand on my back and sat straight. My vision blurred due to tears. But I could make out from the outline that it was Mr. Verma.

I wiped my tears and looked at him.

"He-he is awake!"

I said. My voice shaking. He smiled and looked into my eyes with tears in his eyes.

"I know. Thank you! Thank you so much."

He said and caressed his hand where the drip was.

Since he was barely a month old we could not give him solids so I stuck to the diet suggested by Dr. Neelu.

I was sitting with beside his bed and Mr. Verma was sitting on the other side of the bed. I was looking at Yudhvan continuously.

He was sleeping again. The smile on my face was not withering.

"I gave him a name."

I said breaking the silence in the room and felt Mr. Verma turn towards me.

"Really?"

I nodded still looking at him.

"Yudhvan! Because he is a warrior. My little warrior."

I whispered the last part with a smile and kissed his little hand.

There was silence again. After two minutes I looked at Mr. Verma and saw him looking at me with a soft smile.

His eyes held adoration and respect. I looked away as my heart started beating loudly.

Rishi's POV

"He is. A warrior. And you are his saviour. Thank you."

I said after some time and she looked at me. Thinking about something she said.

"No! You are his saviour Mr. Verma. Agar aap isse yaha nhi laate toh mai isse bacha hi nhi paati. Its people like you who help us doctors to save people's lives. So thank you Mr. Verma. Thank you so much."

I smiled and we just looked at each other. She suddenly looked away and cleared her throat. I broke out of my reverie and realised what I was doing.

"Also, please don't call me Mr. Verma. Rishi is fine."

She looked at me again and nodded with a smile.

"When will he be discharged?"

I asked not liking the silence that prevailed between us.

"Hmm. He is still not very well. Lungs mai abhi bhi dust bhari hui hai. And although pulse is better lekin abhi bhi low and weak hai. So we are going to keep him a special care unit for some time. Aur jab lungs 50% clear ho jaayenge toh private general ward mai shift krenge jaha pr baaki ka treatment hoga. So atleast two weeks. Uske baad depends on his recovery rate."

She explained and I nodded.

"Tab tak you can work on the legal formalities."

I frowned and she asked.

"You wanted to adopt him right?"

Ohh!

"Umm haan but that would take hardly 5 days."

"Really? I mean wouldn't your marital status be an issue?"

She asked curiously and I smiled.

"Nope! The law allows me to adopt. Any man and woman irrespective of whether they are married or not are allowed to adopt given that they are capable of taking care of the baby."

I said and she made an 'o' face.

"Nice! Pura homework kr ke rakha hai."

She mumbled and I chuckled.

"A lawyer needs to do his homework right. Right?"

She looked at me wide eyed.

"Aap lawyer hai?"

I nodded and she again made an 'o' face.

"Tabhi you said you would handle the law."

She nodded in understanding. She suddenly chuckled and looked at me. She kept a hand on her mouth and giggled.

"What?"

I asked chuckling. Her energy was viral.

"Pata hai papa kehte hai ki insaan ko safed aur kale coat walo se dur rehna chahiye."

She giggled again. And I looked at her smile. She is smiling a lot today and I am feeling too happy today.

Because Yudhvan is awake now. Yeah!

"Iss hisaab se toh lawyers aur doctors ki shaadi hi nhi ho paayegi."

She said and I smiled.

"Toh dono ki hi shaadi krwa dete hai."

I said and she looked at me wide eyed. Her cheeks and ears started to get red.

Is she- is she blushing?

She looked away and cleared her throat. She excused herself and I continued to look where she was sitting.

Gosh! I think I have developed a crush. The magnanimous smile on my face was the proof.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️