Epilogue

*7 years later*

Aarushi's POV

I came back home after my duty. It was 4 am when I entered inside.

I was dead tired and my head was pounding needing sleep.

I entered the living room and a smile etched across my face.

Rishi was sprawled on the couch sleeping soundly. He was waiting for me. He always did.

He says he couldn't sleep in the room without me.

I left my bag on the floor and sprawled on top of him hugging him and clinging to him like a koala.

He woke up as I adjusted myself properly and chuckled lightly while caressing my back.

I slowly started slipping into slumber when I felt him move and hold me in bridal style.

I snuggled against him and felt something soft under me. I almost moaned at how soft the bed felt.

He left me and started going. I held his hand and whined in protest.

"I am getting your bag. Sleep baby!"

He whispered and kissed my head covering me with the blanket. I clutched it to my chest and sunk more into the bed.

As I was about to go into deep sleep I felt him hugging me from behind spooning my body with his.

The next I woke up feeling something wet on my chest and a weight on me.

I opened my eyes groggily and saw my one year old, Eshana latched to my breast and Yudhvan hugging me from behind. His leg thrown over my hip and he was almost on top of me.

I smiled seeing my babies and hugged them both close after closing up and wiping Eshana's mouth.

I looked at the time and realised that Rishi must be in the court by now.

He had an important matter today. So I decided to sleep some more time.

I finally woke up three hours later and freshened up taking bath and got the kids ready too.

It was Chhoti Diwali today and so they wanted to get ready in new clothes even though I told them that they could wear them tomorrow.

So Yudhvan was ready in his new t-shirt and Eshana was flaunting her new frock in the whole house.

Rishi returned by evening and after doing the puja and lighting diyas together we had our dinner.

We were sitting in the living room with mummy and papa and papa was telling the kids why we celebrate Diwali each year and the two were listening very carefully although they did not understand a thing.

They just loved the festival because of tasty food, sweets, making rangolis and lighting diyas.

Rishi's POV

It was Diwali today and the kids were excited and shouting since morning.

After Yudhvan we had decided that we want to wait to have another child. Eshana was not planned but she is the best surprise we could have got.

Two years back Aarushi came back home one day looking really scared.

I asked her what happened and she broke down saying she was pregnant and was scared.

I knew that it was new for her to experience such strong emotions so I sugggested her to talk to mumma and mummy.

She did and came back much more confident and we celebrated the news in our own way 😉.

Also, we decided that once Yudhvan grows up and starts understanding things we would tell him about his adoption. Not about the condition we found him in but the fact that we adopted him.

Before he finds out on his own and thinks something else we would tell him and make sure he does not misunderstand it.

In the evening I was ready in my new kurta pyjama and came out of the room holding Yudhvan's hand who too was wearing a kurta pyjama which was the same as mine and looked like a mini me.

We went near the entrance and saw Aarushi and mumma making rangoli. Yudhvan looked at it in amazement and said.

"Wow mumma, dadi! Ye bhut sundar hai."

"Thank you mera beta."

Mumma said and kissed his head getting up. Aarushi too got up and warned us not to ruin it and went to get ready.

She came out an hour later with Eshana on her hip. Both of them were wearing twining lehangas and damn! She looked like an angel in that mustard color lehanga.

She put Eshana down who twirled around showing off her lehanga making everyone chuckle at her antics.

I sneaked behind Aarushi and snaked my arm around her waist.

"You look gorgeous babe!"

I whispered in her ear and she visibly shivered and her breath hitched.

I smirked seeing my effect on her even after so many years of our marriage.

I drew circled on her bare waist and she clutched my hand stopping the movement.

"Chalo bhaye ab puja kr lete hai. Phir diye bhi lagane hai ghar mai."

Mumma said and we moved to the puja ghar and prayed for our prosperity and health.

After that we started putting diyas in the house. Aarushi put the diyas around the rangoli and its beauty increased tenfolds.

Eshana looked at it wide eyed.

"Wow!"

She breathed and looked at me showing it to me.

I picked her in my arms and kissed her cheeks making her giggle.

After that we had our dinner and lighted some fuljaris with the kids.

After the kids were asleep we moved to our room and sighed in relief. The day was tiring.

Aarushi stood in front of the mirror and started removing her jewellery while I just looked at her.

Is it me or she has become more beautiful than before?

I walked towards her making her stop. She looked at me through the mirror and her breath quickened involuntarily.

I snaked my arms around her waist pulling her into my chest and put my lips on her exposed shoulders making her close her eyes.

Between our works and kids we have not been able to take time for us.

Turning her around in my arms I slowly reduced the remaining distance between our lips and we spend the night drowning the abyss of our love.
**************************************
I hope you liked the story.😁

Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️