1.

She ran for her life as fast as she could. Looking back once in a while to see whether she was being followed or not.

She was not but she didn't stop. They could come anytime and she couldn't risk it.

Her heavy wedding dress made it difficult for her to run and her feet were swollen and bleeding but she cared less. Her life was more important right now.

She had to find somewhere safe.

She saw a train at a distance. It was mail train. She ran there and hid behind the boxes kept there.

The tiredness of the day finally took over her and she slumped against the wall. Tears fell her eyes as she thought about her family.

If only that day never happened she wouldn't be facing this. She didn't know where to go and whom to contact. She was alone in this world now.

"You have to be strong Pari. Papa ke liye."

She whispered and wiped her tears. She closed her eyes resting her head back and didn't realise when her eyes dropped and sleep took over her.

The next when Pari woke it was midnight. The sky was pitch dark. She got up and looked around. Her surroundings were unknown to her.

Her name fell on the station name and her eyes widened. She had reached Delhi.

She looked around for any danger and finding no one around she carefully got out. Her feet hurt a lot. She limped towards the exit.

She didn't know where she was going. She just walked. Thinking about what her life had become tears fell from her eyes.

She was in an unknown city. Running for her life. Her family was-

She felt a sharp light in her eyes and shut her eyes shielding them with her hands.

The car stopped just in front of her and the man came out.

"Are you mad? Why are you walking in the middle of the road? Marne ka irada hai kya?"

He asked. Any other time Pari would have swooned at his deep voice. She was a sucker for deep voices. But now her life was a mess. And romance was the last thing on her mind.

"I-I am sorry. Dhyan nhi tha mera."

Anush looked at the girl and realised her condition. She was crying and was a mess.

"Are you okay?"

She looked at him. She wanted to shout a loud No. That she wasn't ok. That she was all alone in an unknown place. That people were behind her life. That she was the reason her family was-

"Excuse me Miss. Are you okay? You need some help? Itni raat ko kaha jaa rhi hai aap? Can I drop you somewhere?"

He asked. Somehow he didn't feel good leaving her here alone. It was too late and too dark. The place wasn't safe for a man let alone a woman.

And she looked like she had runaway from her marriage. She definitely wasn't safe alone.

"Nhi. Mai yaha kisi ko jaanti nhi. Aap jaaiye I'll manage."

Her voice was hoarse and he assumed it was because of crying.

"Dekhiye Miss?"

"Umm-Pari."

She answered meekly and he said.

"Dekhiye Pari. Its too late. And being a man I can't leave you alone here knowing you're not safe. Aapki halat waise hi mujhe sahi nhi lag rhi. You please sit inside. Mai aapko kisi hotel mai chhod deta hu. You can figure out where to go tomorrow morning."

He said and she fidgeted with her fingers.

"Umm-mai hotel nhi jaa skti."

"Kyu?"

He frowned and she looked down embarrassed.

"Wo-mere paas paise nhi hai."

She answered in such low voice that he almost missed it.

"Umm-that's no problem. I'll pay. Aap please aaiye mere saath. Trust me you are safe with me."

Pari knew she already had no other option. And it was better than roaming the streets.

She sat inside the car and sighed as her back rested against the soft interiors. She needed sleep and rest right now. Maybe she could think about everything else later on.

He started driving towards his home. Pari's eyes fell on a few men at a checkpost and her eyes widened.

"Rukiye!"

She shouted and Anush slammed the breaks looking at her scared form.

"Please yaha se nhi. Kahi aur se gaadi le lijiye."

She said looking at him with scared eyes. He did not argue and took from another road. The area was a little islolated.

It was a village kind of area. Pari just wanted to reach somewhere safe. She couldn't go to any hotel now that they were here. It would take them minutes to find her. She suddenly remembered her friend from college.

"Umm-meri ek friend rehti hai Delhi mai. Aap mujhe uske ghar chhod denge?"

She asked and he looked at her. He nodded and said.

"Ofcourse. Kaha rehti hai-"

He was cut of because he had to slam the breaks due to the sudden emergence of a man in front of them. Why was everyone keen on coming in front of his car today.

The man came near his window and Anush rolled it down just a little bit.

"Haan bhai? Kidhar?"

He asked eyeing Anush and then Pari. His gaze made Pari uncomfortable and she squirmed in her seat.

"Ghar!"

Anush said harshly when he saw him eyeing her.

"Kaun hai yo? Bhaga ke laaya hai?"

"Dekhiye sir. Isse aapka koi matlab nhi hai. Hum apne ghar jaa rhe hai. Aap please rasta chhodiye."

The man made a disgusted face and said.

"Biwi toh na hai yo teri. Na mangalsutra na sindoor. Saaddi toh na ki tune. Saaddi se bhaga ke laya hai. Tamne pata hai ki ek maa baap pr ke gujarti hai jab chhori saaddi se bhaag jaati hai. Kahi muh dikhane layak na rehte wo. Bina saaddi ke saath rehte aur jab wo garbhwati ho jaati hai toh rote huye ghar wapas aa jaati hai. Aur maa baap ki ijjat. Kachre mai!"

Anush sighed. This man was getting on his nerves now.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️