2.

Vaani's POV

Two days later mumma comes into my room again. My senses got alert and I sat up straight.

She slowly forwards an envelope without any explanation and says before leaving.

"Sunday ko aayenge. Shaam ko."

I was confused but my confusion was cleared when I opened the envelope to see a biodata.

Ayush Yadav.
29 years
Professor at DMU.

Wait! What?

Professor at DMU. That's my college. And there is only one professor Ayush Yadav that I know.

I take out the picture from the envelope and slowly turn it.

No! It can't be. Out of 150 crores people in India my father got only my professor.

I groan and slump on the bed.

Why God why? Why me? That man is a robot. How will I ever survive with him.

And how am I going to face him in college now.

Thank God the tomorrow is Saturday. But he is coming on Sunday.

Kill me!

The days pass by in blur and today is Sunday. I am ready in the most simple yet elegant attire I could find. Which was a suit palazzo that I had bought last year.

I looked in the mirror. I looked pretty. With minimal makeup that included kajal, lipstick and mascara.

I was sitting in my room waiting.

Mumma came in and said.

"Beta! Wo log aa gye hai."

I sighed and got up. Me and mumma went to the kitchen and mumma handed me a tray of tea.

I took it and went out looking down.

Reaching the living room I looked up and professor Ayush sitting there with an elderly couple assumingly his parents.

I served them tea and his mother smiled at me affectionately making me smile too.

I served tea to him making eye contact for a brief moment.

I broke the contact and went to sit beside mumma. All the while feeling his gaze on me.

Papa asked him some general questions most of which I knew.

Then his parents too asked me about myself and I answered them politely.

"Ab zara bachhon ko bhi baat krna dete hai. Aakhir baat unki hi shaadi ki hai."

His mother said and papaji nodded actioning me to take him.

He got up and dusted his pants. I started walking silently and he followed me without a word.

I took him to the terrace. The only place we could talk without any disturbances.

We stood by the railing side by side facing the front.

He cleared his throat and broke the silence.

"Why are you getting married so early? I mean how old are you? 23?"

I smiled sadly and said.

"Aap apni marzi se shaadi kr rhe hai mai majburi se. Hamare paas option nhi hota sir. Yaha beti paida hoti hai aur uski shaadi ki planning shuru ho jaati hai."

Ayush's POV

The way she said that shook something inside me.

"You are being forced to get married?"

She turned to me and said.

"Nhi sir. Mai jaanti the ye hone wala hai and honestly I am tired of fighting now. Papaji chahte hai shaadi toh shaadi sahi. Atleast roz roz apni hi zindagi jeene ke liye ladna toh nhi padega."

She sounded tired. And weirdly I wanted to comfort her.

How can I even think like that for her? She is my student!

Wait! I am here to see her for marriage. I think I can think like that.

Yeah!

"Vaani! If you decide to give me a chance I promise that I am not only going to respect but also support you in your decisions and whatever you wish to do. Koi tumhe nhi rokega."

She looked at me tilting her head and asked.

"Mujhe apna coaching institute kholna hai. Aap mujhe nhi rokenge? Aap ye nhi kahenge ki ladkiyan ki jagah kitchen mai aur bache sambhalne ki hai?"

I smiled at her innocent question and smiled moving a little closer.

"Bilkul nhi. Tum jo krna chahti ho I am going to be there beside you in each step. Aur kisne kaha ladkiyon ki jagah kitchen mai hoti hai. Meri biwi ki jagah toh sirf mere dil mai hogi."

I said tucking a strand that left her hair behind her ear.

I didn't even know that I could talk like this. And maybe she didn't even because she looked shocked and speechless.

Opening her mouth like a fish several times she settled on blushing.

She bowed her head down and tucked her hair behind her ear.

We were called down and our parents asked for our decisions. I was clear about what I wanted and told my decision.

She looked at her mother and said she needed a few days to think about it.

I frowned but didn't comment on it.

We had our dinner and left shortly after.

The next when I reached the college I was looking forward to see her to ask her answer.

After my class with her section I waited for her to come out and asked her aside.

She looked nervous and I asked her what she had thought.

"Aap mujhe promise kijiye ki aap aur aapki family mujhe kabhi kisi aisi cheez ke liye pressurize nhi kregi jo mai nhi krna chahti."

I smiled and promised her and her lips slowly curled into a smile.

"Aapko aapka jawab shaam tak mil jaayega."

She said and ran back to her friends.

God! Now I have to wait till evening. I was so impatient that I was looking at my watch again and again.

It was 5 now. It is evening. When is she going to answer.

I was waiting and looking at the clock.

By 6pm finally papa's phone rang and my ears perked up listening to her father's name.

Papa smiled widely and congratulated him and then disconnected agreeing on something.

"Mubarak ho bhai. Rishta pakka ho gaya hai aapke bete ka. Bitiya ne haan kr di hai."

I smiled and rubbed my neck sheepishly seeing papa and mumma's teasing gazes.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️