5.

Vaani's POV

Can this man get anymore sweet and caring?

I just said once that I don't wear dresses too revealing and he agreed. For something he bought with so much love he agreed only because I would feel uncomfortable.

He fished out a dress from the cupboard which was a simple 3/4 sleeved dress.

"I think this is good. Yeah! Perfect!"

I smiled and hugged him which caught him off guard.

"Woah! Okay?"

I looked at him and smiled.

"Aap bhut achhe hai."

He smiled and kissed my head.

The next day we were getting ready for the reunion. He was wearing his two piece and I was going to wear the dress.

Yeah! The dress he got. His first gift to me. And how can I not wear it.

I came out wearing the dress and he looked at me wide eyed and mouth parted.

"You-you look-stunning."

I giggled and started getting ready standing beside him.

He was still looking with his mouth parted and I suddenly felt warmth spread my body.

I put on some makeup and let my hair down. My hair were mid back length and silky straight. Yeah! I am blessed.

I put on my heels and take my clutch and finally turned to him.

"I am ready!"

His gaze had changed from shocked to intense and I felt shivers travel down my body.

"Ayush?"

He came closer to me and I gulped lowering my lashes.

He leaned near my ear and whispered huskily.

"I am going to have to do a tough job keeping my hands to myself."

Snaking an arm around my waist he pulled me along and started walking. He needs to start warning me before doing things like these.

We reached the venue and got off the car. There was a valet parking.

He took my hand and we entered in. As soon as we stepped inside we were met with loud music and dim lighting.

There were around 100 people already there. Men and women dressed tastefully with drinks in their hands.

My grip on his hand tightened as the scent of alcohol and smoke filled my nose.

He pulled me more into him and smiled waving at a group of men.

We walked to them and he introduced me to each one of them. I was then introduced to their wives who took me away from the men and started their own conversation.

"So Vaani aap kya karte ho?"

I straightened at the mention of my name.

"Umm- I take tuitions. Tuition centre."

I said smiling politely.

"That's great yaar. You are the intellectual one among us."

They said and I smiled wider feeling a little relaxed.

"Hum na apne bacho ko tumhare yaha bhej denge. Teach them well. Aur ho ske toh kuch manners bhi."

One of them said and the rest laughed. I too laughed and soon the air of awkwardness disappeared and we were gossipping and chitchatting.

Somewhere in between I looked at Ayush's direction. He now had a drink in his hand. He looked at me at the same time and asked me through his eyes whether I was fine.

I blinked my eyes and assured him and he gave me a grin.

Turning my attention back to the ladies I was with I saw that they were calling for drinks.

"What will you have Vaani?"

"Umm- thank you but I am fine."

I said politely and the one beside me shook her head.

"No babes! You are not fine. You need a drink. Let me guess first time drinker? Let's try vodka."

She said and asked the waiter to get that. He nodded and went off.

"Nhi please really-"

"Come on. We are here with you and so is your husband. And vodka is fine."

I looked at Ayush and he was now laughing at something with his friends. I decided to enjoy myself too and smiled at her.

Ayush's POV

My gaze was moving to Vaani's direction time and again. Just to be sure that she was fine.

I looked in her direction. Her back was to me and she was laughing with the other women.

Some time later I again looked at her and she was now leaning on the table talking to the women.

Excusing myself I moved towards the washroom which was crossing the group of ladies when I heard.

"Aur unki morning voice ufff... meri jaan hi nikl jaati hai. Itni deep voice hai unki. Aap sunna aapko bhi crush ho jaayega."

What the fuck! That was my wife's voice. But why was she praising my morning voice to the ladies and why in world did she sound tipsy.

I turned and looked at her. God! Did she drink? Because her posture tells so. She was badly leaning on the table almost head down. The other ladies laughed and she giggled.

"Umm-excuse me ladies. Is everything fine?"

I asked clearing my throat. Vaani turned to me and grinned.

"Ayush!"

"Haan meri jaan."

I said looking at her worried. She tried to get up and tripped on her feet.

"Careful baby!"

I held her and she snuggled into me.

"Hum dance krte hai na."

She pouted. Oh boy! She is so drunk.

"Nhi Vaani. Ab ghar chalenge. Bhut late ho gaya hai."

I said pulling her straight but she shook her head like a cute baby.

"No! I want to dance. Aap nhi aayenge toh mai kisi aur ke saath chali jaaungi."

The hell! No way that was going to happen.

I pulled her along and started walking. She tried to stop me but since she was tipsy she could not.

I asked the valet to get our car while she stomped on my foot multiple times.

"Aap bhut bure hai. You didn't let me dance. Ayush-aah!"

She was stomping my foot continuously and I picked her up in my arms making her eyes widen.

She suddenly blushed and hid her face in my neck and I chuckled.

Such a baby! Settling her in the car I drove off to home.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️