1.

Happy Rakshabandhan everyone!!❤️
**************************************
Vaani's POV

I came out from my room ready for my college.

Papaji was sitting in the living room reading his newspaper.

He looked at me from the corner of his eyes and adjusted the newspaper.

"Vaani!"

"Ji papaji!"

I said looking at him but he didn't avert his gaze from his newspaper.

"Kal aapni mummy ne aapse kuch baat ki hogi na beta?"

I closed my eyes trying to control my anger as memories of last night flooded me.

I was sitting in my room studying when mumma came in.

She sat beside me and looked at me for some time.

"Vaani! Beta tumhare papa ne tere ladke dekhna shuru kr dia hai."

I froze. The pen slipped from my hand and I looked at mumma in betrayal.

"Mumma?"

She sighed apologetically and said.

"Beta maine koshish ki unhe samjhaane ki lekin tum toh jaanti ho unhe-"

"Mumma mai abhi shaadi ke liye ready hi nhi hu. Aapko pata toh hai na. Abhi mujhe bhut kuch krna hai mumma. You know my passion for teaching. Mujhe apna khud ka institute kholna hai mumma."

She caressed my hair and said.

"Jaanti hu meri gudiya lekin mai kuch nhi kr skti. Bas itna kr skti hu ki haan teri pasand se hogi. Agar tujhe ladka pasand nhi aayega toh mai rishta nhi hone dungi. Vaada!"

She opened her eyes and sighed.

"Ji papaji.

He hummed and said.

"Kuch ladke hai hamare nazar mai. Pehle hum unse baat krenge aur phir agar sab sahi raha toh aage baat hogi. Aap apni puri tasalli krke haan bolna. Thik hai beta?"

"Ji papaji!"

I said and moved out of the house. I sit in the car and sigh resting my head behind.

Why is it that I have to fight for everything I want to do? I needed to fight for studying further when my grandmother wanted me married at the age of 18 just after completing my 12th.

I had to fight papa for doing MA when he wanted to marry me off. Why is it that girls are considered as not parents' own and are preferred to be married off as soon as possible without paying heed to their wishes and dreams.

I know once I am graduated papa would not wait more and marry me off. Reason why he was starting to see grooms now only.

I look above and pray to God. Please God let me get a husband who supports and respects my dreams atleast.

That's the only thing I can pray now.

Ayush's POV

I enter the class and look at the time. It was exact 2pm. The class was almost empty.

Students were roaming around outside. I hated this. They knew it was time for their class and still they assumed it fine to enter 15 minutes late.

I live by my principles. I always knew what I wanted in my life.

I always wanted a successful career by the age of 25 which I have achieved.

I want to get married before the age of 30. Which is still in progress but there's time.

I want to have my first kid by the time I turn 32. And second kid by the time I turn 36.

I am planning to retire by the age of 60 and then live my life happily with my wife and children with a good amount of savings.

I am strict with my schedule.

I wake up at 6am sharp and start the day with hitting the gym. I don't do heavy lifts, just enough to keep me in shape.

Then back to home at 7 am sharp I take a 10 min bath followed by breakfast by 7:30.

I leave for college and reach here by maximum 8:30 leaving me a time cap of half hour for the first class.

The classes get over at 3 and I reach home by 4.

Then I take my lunch and prepare for the next day.

Doing a thorough study of the topic I am going to take up I prepare notes of them.

I have my dinner by 8 pm and I am off to bed my 10.

I have my whole life planned. And I plan to live by it.

My thoughts get broken by the door opening and a student enters in.

"You are late Vaani."

I say and she nods.

"I know. I was in the washroom."

I nod and she sits on her seat. I start the class and everyone listens with rapt attention. They ask questions in between and I answer them.

I am finished with my topic in 30 minutes leaving me a full 15 minutes for the attendance and doubt session since the class was started 15 minutes late.

Taking doubts for 10 minutes I start with the attendance.

I reach home and have my lunch. During lunch mumma tells me they have found a good match for me.

I nod and say.

"Toh problem kya hai? Aage baat kro."

She sighs and nods. I know she is done with my strict principles and wants me to live a little.

I live my life the way I want and I like it. What else should I do?

I can't help how I am. I have never felt the need to change.

After lunch I move to my room and my phone pings at the same time.

It's a notification from mumma. She has sent me a biodata with a picture.

I decide to see the picture first and download it.

My eyes widen in shock seeing my student Vaani's picture there.

Okay? This is going to be weird. But she is graduating in six months. I don't think even if we get married its ever going to be a problem.

Moreover, she is intelligent and sensible girl. But why is she getting married so early. I mean she must be around 23 years old.

Guess we'll know after meeting her.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️