2.

Mihira frowned at his request and asked.

"Boiling water? Kis liye?"

He showed her the cup noodles with a grin and said.

"Ghar mai gas connection abhi laga nhi hai. Aur mujhe bhuk lagi thi. So..."

He trailed off and she nodded. He was her neighbour. She could help him this much.

"Give it to me. Mai kr dungi."

He smiled and passed the noodles to her. She closed the door behind her and prepared his noodles.

Kiyansh on the other hand stood confused.

"Weird girl! Andar invite bhi nhi kia. Koi apne new neighbour ke saath aise behave krta hai? Maybe she is alone and didn't want to invite a man in. Yup! Possible. Waise bhi she looked scared mujhe dekh kr. Mai itna darawna dikhta hu kya?"

He was talking to himself and started looking at him in his phone's camera.

His movements stopped when she again opened the door with the doorlock and passed him the now steaming cup.

"Thank you so much."

He said genuinely and started stirring it.

"Kab tak lagega aapke ghar ka gas connection?"

He heard her soft voice and looked at her. He smiled and said.

"Do din bol rhe hai. Baaki kuch keh nhi skta. Tab tak aapko garam paani ke tang karunga bas."

He said with a grin but she didn't smile.

"Uski zarurat nhi hai. Mai khaana bhijwa dungi. Jab tak connection nhi lagta."

He looked surprised and said.

"Arre nhi nhi! Please aap aise khudko pareshan mat kijiye. I am good with these."

He said pointing to the cup.

"Roz roz ye khaana is not good for health. Mai bhijwa dungi."

She said and closed the door while he stood there trying to process what happened.

A smile formed on his face as he realised.

"Weird girl itni bhi buri nhi hai. I guess I was right. Bas ek unknown face dekh kr darr gyi hogi. She is sweet. And beautiful."

He muttered the last words inaudibly while moving towards his flat and taking a bite of his noodles.

The next morning Kiyansh had just woken up and came out of the washroom after freshening up when his doorbell rang.

He opened the door but no one was there. He frowned but just as he was about to close it his eyes fell on the tray of food kept there.

He smiled picking it up and took it inside.

The placement was very nicely done. A plate of sandwiches stood in the middle of the tray with a can of instant coffee and a mug of tea on either sides, a bowl of green chutney and a note placed neatly under the plate.

I hope you like grilled paneer toast.
I didn't whether you have coffee or tea. So...

He smiled reading the note and took a bite from the sandwich. It was yummy and the chutney too was awesome. He knew it was homemade the taste felt homely.

He took a sip from the tea and a sigh escaped his lips.

"Aah! Jannat!"

He mumbled and had his breakfast with gutso. Thanks to the girl else he would have had to gulp the cup noodles again.

After washing the dishes and keeping the can in the fridge he placed them back on the tray.

He kept it outside her door, rang the doorbell and left from there.

Mihira was getting ready for work. She worked in an all girls school as a junior teacher. She was thankful that the school recruited only females. She wasn't comfortable with males around her.

The doorbell rang and she went to check. She peaked through the peephole but frowned seeing no one.

She opened the door slightly and saw the tray kept down. Opening the door she picked it up.

She smiled seeing the dishes washed.

'Hmm. Atleast he is courteous.'

Her gaze fell on the note kept under the plate.

Thank you so much for the breakfast. It was amazing. I love paneer toast and the chutney was a cherry on top. Also don't make lunch for me. I'll be out for work.
P.S. Tea it is!

She smiled seeing the note and pinned it on the softboard in her room. She didn't know why.

After returning from work she read for some time and then went to make dinner.

She thought for some time. What should she make that he would also like.

Paneer she made in the morning. Dal she didn't want to eat. What else. Not having any idea of his taste she made the safest option.

She made Aalo Jeera and chapatis along with some mango pickle and salad.

She plated all of it and kept it out like she did in the morning.

Kiyansh took the tray and smiled seeing another note.

Didn't know what you like to eat so I made this. Hope you like it. Also please give me options of what to make.

He smiled and opened the plate.

Mihira had finished her dinner and washed her plates when the doorbell rang and she smiled knowing who it was.

As soon as she picked the tray she searched for the note and smiled seeing it neatly tucked under the plate.

I am not a picky eater. I eat everything except tinde.
P.S. You are an amazing cook.

She felt her cheeks heat up at his last comment. No one has ever complimented her.

This continued for about four days and truth be told Mihira felt happy whenever she wrote a note and he replied to it. Sometime even he initiated it.

She didn't even realise when she started looking for his notes. This was their own way of conversing with one another.

It was the weekend and the two were home. Kiyansh decided to thank her by inviting her for dinner and so went to her house to invite her.

He frowned seeing her apartment door wide open but rang the bell.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️