4.

Sandhya's POV

His words are still ringing in my mind. I am not able to sleep at nights.

Vikrant has not talked to me since the past week and to be honest this week was shit without him.

This week without him made me realise that I couldn't function without him. I need him to think like a sane person.

But I am not sure about how I feel about him.

He is my best friend, my confidant for sure but do I have romantic feelings for him.

Obviously! That's why you kissed him. Duh!

God! This is so confusing.

Right now I am getting ready for the day. A boy and his family are coming to see me for marriage.

They are Vikrant's mami and mamaji and his son. Vikrant's cousin.

God! This is going to be awkward. What was I even thinking when I said yes to this.

Vikrant and his family is also going to be here and meeting his cousin knowing that I kissed him is going to be super weird.

I was in the kitchen with mumma making tea.

We heard the doorbell ring and mumma rushed put wiping her hands with the towel.

I didn't know why but my heartbeat fastened. I simmed the gas and peeked from the kitchen.

I saw an elderly couple with a young boy of around my age. Behind them were Vikrant's parents and bhaiya and bhabhi. But where is he? Did he not come?

Ofcourse why would he come? Unlike you he knows what he wants and obviously cannot see his love meeting someone else for her marriage.

I went back to making the tea.

If Vikrant would have been here he would taken me out of the kitchen and given me a long lecture on how I should not be impressing the boy was serving him tea instead he should like me how I am.

A smile formed on my face just thinking about it.

I was so lost that mumma had to slap my arm to get me out of my dream.

"Chai ban gyi hai. Kaha gayab hai tu? Chal ab jaldi se ye bahar le aa."

She said after serving the tea in cups.

I sighed and took the tray outside plastering a fake smile on my face.

I served tea to everyone and then Manan's (Vikrant's cousin) mother asked me to sit beside her.

She caressed my head and then I was asked a few questions about my work and likes and dislikes.

All this while my eyes were on the entrance in the hope that he would come.

Vikrant's POV

I was in my room. I was sitting on a bean bag and was throwing the ball to the wall and catching it back.

Mumma asked me whether I want to go to Saanjh's house for her and Manan's meet I denied saying that I had some work.

I was throwing the ball agressively when the door of my room was opened. I didn't turn and didn't stop.

Placing another bean bag beside me Manan slumped on it.

I knew he was looking at me and finally I stopped at turned to him.

"So? How did the meet go?"

I asked trying not to sound pissed. He chuckled and said.

"Pretty good. She is beautiful. And sweet. And a nice person."

My jaw clenched with his words. Did he like her to actually marry her?

I started throwing the ball again but before I could catch it he did.

I sighed and turned to him.

"Now tell me what's wrong."

He asked and I looked away.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know. You tell me."

"What do you want to know."

I said gritting my teeth.

"Maybe that you love her."

I looked at him and said.

"How does it matter. Because she clearly does not."

He chuckled and said.

"Well! I think she clearly does. Pura time uski nazre gate pr thi. She was waiting for you."

I tried to ignore how that statement made me feel a little better.

"Jab mumma told me ki jis ladki ko hum dekhne jaa rhe hai wo teri best friend, teri Saanjh hai-"

"Sandhya! It's Sandhya!"

I cut him and gave him a stern look. He cannot call her Saanjh. No one else can.

"Oo! Ok possessive aashiq! So when I got to know ki wo ladki Sandhya hai I knew it was a bad decision. So chill there is no way I am going to say yes."

Unknowingly I sighed in relief.

"But mai haan nhi bol rha doesn't mean koi aur nhi bol skta. So confess before its too late."

"She already knows."

I mumbled and he looked at me shocked.

"What!?"

I nodded and told him everything.

"Woah! Ok. Well, abhi toh kuch kr nhi skte. But don't worry the way her eyes were desperate for a look at you I am sure she will realise her feelings soon. Just be patient."

I nodded and he smiled teasingly.

"So? Should I start practicing to call her bhabhi?"

I chuckled and that's how we spent the evening talking.

I was laid on my bed thinking about her.

I hope what Manan said was right because now that I think about it I really cannot live without her. My Saanjh.

Sometimes we don't realise the value of a person in our life until we are separated from them.

Maybe this distance between us will make her realise her actual feelings for me and maybe we will come back stronger than before.

Because I knew that I would die before losing her.

She means my world to me.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️