3.

The semester finals were done and they had a week's off before the next semester started.

Ruhi was impatiently waiting for his letter and the next clue. Also, it was her birthday today. Her family and friends have all called and wished her.

Except for Kartik. His call didn't yet come.

There was a knock on Ruhi's PG room's door and she opened it. A bouquet stood in front of her.

Parvati's face came in view and Ruhi's excitement died. Was she expecting the mystery man to come with the bouquet himself.

"This is for you. Delivery man abhi de kr gaya. A letter is attached to it. It's definitely your admirer. He is so romantic yaar."

She gushed making Ruhi almost blush. But Ruhi glared at her and shooed her away after taking the bouquet inside.

It was a beautiful white and blue roses bouquet. Her favourite flowers. She untaped the letter from it carefully and opened it a little too excitedly.

Hi Ruhi
Happy Birthday meri jaan. Samajh nhi aa rha tha kya gift bheju. I know you are not a fan of big gifts so I thought what better than flowers as my first gift to you. So a bouquet of your favourite roses.
Also, aaj tumhare next clue to baari hai na 😉
I am not your junior.
I love you!
Yours
Secret Lover ❤️

Ruhi pouted at the hint. She had already figured it out herself. Reading his previous letters again she came to the conclusion that he is either from her batch or a senior because he saw her on the day of her admission registration.

But she smiled seeing the bouquet. Her first and probably the only gift she was going to recieve today.

She was admiring the bouquet and re-reading the letter when her phone rang.

It was Kartik.

"Toh janaab ko yaad aa gyi meri?"

Ruhi said sarcastically making him chuckle.

"Sorry yaar kahi busy ho gaya tha. By the way Happy Birthday."

He said and she smiled.

"Thank you."

"So? Got any gifts abhi tak?"

He asked and she smiled looking at the bouquet and hummed.

"From Mr. Unknown. He sent a bouquet of white and blue roses. Letter ke saath."

"Ahaan! Flowers hmm. Romantic man."

He teased and she blushed biting her lip.

"He gave another hint. He is not a junior. Jo ki already figured out pehle hi."

Kartik hummed and Ruhi spoke up.

"I really want to meet him yaar. Kartik! Samajh nhi aa rha kaisi feeling hai. Milna bhi hai lekin nhi bhi. Aadat ho gyi mujhe inn letters ki. Lekin agar milne ke baad wo mujhe pasand nhi aaya toh iss baat ka darr hai. I am very confused yaar."

There was silence for some time.

"You believe in God right?"

She hummed and he said.

"Toh trust him. And just enjoy the special treatment."

She hummed again and smiled looking at the letter. He was right. She could think about the consequences later on. Right now she just wanted to enjoy this feeling and this treatment.

"Ruhi?"

He called her and she hummed. There was silence for a minute and he again spoke.

"Happy Birthday once again."

"Thank you."

The call was disconnected but Ruhi had a lingering feeling that he wanted to something else. Something more.

She shook the thought. Maybe he was just occupied.

The next day she told Shreyansh and Mehek about the hint and Mehek wiggled her eyebrows.

"Ab toh I really think it is Arham. I mean after the competition you guys did together you are bumping into him quite often. Toh possible hai."

Both the boys looked at her and she looked at the three of them.

"Guys please! I am over him. Actually itni deep toh feelings kabhi thi hi nhi ki over hona pade."

She said rolling her eyes. She didn't want it to be Arham. She didn't like him anymore.

"I don't think its Arham."

Kartik said and the three now looked at him.

"I mean he doesn't look like someone who'd write letters."

Mehek and Shreyansh nodded teasingly while Ruhi nodded cluelessly.

"Waise Ruhi imagine you have the advantage of choosing how he should be. Toh how do you want him to be?"

"How do I want him to be?"

"Hmm. Describe kr."

Ruhi thought for a moment. She had thought about it multiple times so the answer was easy.

"Well, mujhe pyaar kre papa ki tarah. Humor Shreyansh jaisa."

Shreyansh looked surprised and bowed his head in a dramatic gratitude.

"And looks, intellect aur personality Kartik jaisi."

Kartik who was looking away until now snapped his head towards her in shock.

"Ohhhooo! Kartik mai se teen qualities. Not bad haan!"

Mehek said hitting Ruhi's shoulder and she shrugged.

"Haan toh. I mean he is good looking. Class ka sabse intelligent student hai nature toh achha hai hi."

Kartik looked down feeling shy and embarrassed.

"Ahaan Kartik! Mann mai ladoo phut rhe hai."

Shreyansh teased and Ruhi frowned.

"Uske mann mai ladoo kyu phutenge. Wo thodi na letters likh rha hai. Stupid people."

She said and got up walking towards the class.

"Chalo ab. Break over. Late ho jaayenge class ke liye."

She said and started walking inside while Mehek sighed.

"Why is she so clueless?"

"Guys yaar! She wants to find the letter writer. Let her be."

Kartik said and walked inside behind Ruhi. Kartik sat beside Ruhi and smiled at her. She smiled back and focused their attention on the professor.

He continued looking at her for a minute and then looked front.

Mehek wasn't wrong. She is clueless. Since the day he met her he couldn't have been any more clear and obvious that he likes her.

But she never noticed. And now she was after someone who was writing her letters.

Kartik smiled weakly at his situation. He can't even tell her about his feelings. He doesn't want to lose her.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️