2.

Aarushi's POV

I was in my cabin with a baby's parents. I was studying his reports.

The parents complained that the baby fell ill frequently and wanted to know what was the issue.

"There is nothing to be worried about Mrs Batra. Avi ki immunity thodi weak hai and this is the reason of his frequent illness."

She looked visibly relieved after knowing this and took the report. I started writing something on the notepad and she asked.

"Is there something I can do to improve his immunity doctor?"

I nodded and looked at her handing her the notepad paper.

"Talk to Dr. Neelu. She sits in room 304. She is a nutritionist cum paediatrician. Wo Avi ke liye diet chart and supplements suggest kr dengi."

She nodded and got up thanking me. I smiled warmly and gave a toffee to little Avi who squealed and flailed his arms excitedly and grabbed it from my hand.

I laughed and pinched his cheeks. God! I love babies so much!

After she left I was left in my cabin alone and was working on another baby's reports when I heard loud voices from outside.

I got up and went out to see what was happening when I saw the head nurse Aisha running towards me followed my a man.

And boy! I couldn't avert my eyes. He was such a fine man. A goos physique, biceps bulging out, hair perfectly gelled back and a beautiful face marred with worry.

Wait! Worry? That's when I noticed he was carrying his coat in his arms. Was it a baby? It seemed like.

Aisha stopped in front of me panting heavily and he too stood in front of me. His chest heaving heavily.

He carefully forwarded the baby and my breath hitched seeing his condition. His face was pale and covered with dirt and what seemed like garbage soot.

I held him in my arms and felt his pulse. It was really weak.

I immediately handed him to Aisha and instructed her.

"Aisha! ICU! Now! Nitish! Formalities!"

I said and turned to the man.

"Please co-operate with him sir. I'll take care of the baby."

I said and ran inside without waiting for his reply.

Immediately putting on my coat I started the baby's treatment.

My heart was bearings wildly. This is the first time in my life that I am experiencing something like this.

After half an hour we had stabled the baby's pulse. But he was still critical.

I came out and finally attended the man who had brought him. I read the form that Nitish bought to me.

His name is Rishi Verma.

Rishi's POV

The doctor came out and sighed deeply.

"Where did you find him Mr. Verma?"

She asked and I closed my eyes remembering the scene.

"Garbage heap!"

I spat out feeling angry, disgusted with people and saddened at the fact that someone could be so insensitive to dump their new born baby like that.

She released a shaky breath and said.

"He is in a really bad condition. His pulse was almost gone. His lungs are full of pollution and garbage remnants. I have stabled him for now. Lekin the next 24 hours are going to be really crucial for him."

She said and I closed my eyes looking away.

"He is kept under observation."

She said and I looked at her. She was smiling. I frowned and she looked at me before continuing.

"He is a fighter. Looking at his condition he must have been there for atleast 4 days. But he did not lose. He fought. For his life. And I hope he fights for it now too."

I gulped looking at her. I hope so too. He needs to. I don't know why but I wanted him to fight and live. To win against the people who left him there to die.

We were silent for some time. I was looking towards the ICU. When I looked at her she was already looking at me.

She looked away quickly and pretended she never was. I exhaled with a miniscule smile forming on my face and said.

"I have fulfilled the formalities. After he is fine I'll be taking him home. I hope the hospital won't have any issues?"

She nodded and said.

"It won't. But the law might. Since you are not married aap shayad adopt nhi kr skte."

She said and I raised my eyebrow. She looked away embarrassed and said.

"Form padha tha maine."

She explained the reason for knowing my marital status.

"Don't worry about that. I'll handle the law."

I said and she frowned but nodded.

My phone rang and I pursed my lips seeing Papa's name.

Shit! I forgot to inform them.

I excused myself and I accepted the call.

"Papa wo shayad mujhe thoda late ho jaaye."

I said and explained him the whole situation.

"Oh my God! Kaise log hai iss dunia mai. How is the baby now?"

I sighed and said.

"The doctor says that the next 24 hours are going to he critical. Kuch keh nhi skte. We can just hope."

He sighed too and asked after a minute of silence.

"What are you planning to do after he is fine?"

I knew he would ask this. He knows me too well.

"I'll adopt him papa. The law permits me and I am going to use it to give him the life he deserves."

"Good!"

I can hear the pride in his voice. Smiling I disconnect the call and turned to see the doctor still looking at me. This time with a frown.

I walked to her but before I could say something my stomach grumbled.

Oh yeah! I didn't eat anything after lunch. It was 11 right now.

I smiled sheepishly and she smiled.

"Its ok. You go have your food. We'll talk later."

I nodded and went to the restaurant near the hospital.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️