4.

The next morning Pari came out of her room for breakfast. At the same time Anush stepped out of his room all dressed in his formals.

She looked at him and then looked down walking towards the dining table.

"Umm-hi!"

She heard him and looked at him stunned. Did he talk to her? She looked around to see if maybe he was talking to Vineeta or someone.

"Tumse hi baat kr rha hu."

He said making her even more shocked. She looked at him wide eyed and pointed towards herself. He nodded trying to control his amused laughter.

"Umm-hello?"

She replied more like questioning herself. He smiled and said.

"I wanted to talk to you."

She nodded and said.

"Sure! Kahiye!"

"Umm not here. After dinner terrace pr?"

She looked at him wide eyed. What did he want to talk to her. That too alone. At night.

"I'll wait for you."

He said and left. She stood there processing what happened.

Night seemed to come earlier than usual.

Pari was having dinner acutely aware about the strong gaze on her. She won't lie that it did something to her. She felt nervous or maybe the right term would be giddy.

Whatever may be she was aware of the relationship they shared. She suddenly realised something and looked at him wide eyed. Did he want to divorce her?

He raised his eyebrow at her shocked gaze and she quickly shook her head and looked down embarrassed.

He finished his dinner and sat with his family for some time. His eyes constantly moving towards her.

Some time later he stood up and said.

"Kuch kaam hai mujhe. Good night everyone."

He said and giving Pari one last look he left. His parents too went shortly after and she and Vineeta got up.

"Good night."

Vineeta said and Pari nodded with a reply. She walked towards her room and looked at Vineeta's room door close.

She changed her direction and walked towards the terrace. Biting her lip she stepped on the terrace.

Anush was sitting on the swing with his head rested back and his eyes closed.

He smiled feeling her presence and said with his eyes still closed.

"I thought tum nhi aaogi."

Pari smiled faintly and asked.

"Kya baat krni thi aapko?"

She asked meekly afraid he might talk about divorce. He opened his eyes and looked at her. He patted the space beside him with a smile.