6.

Shaurya's POV

Two days after the girls were sent home we were sitting in our homes. I was in my room admiring the pictures I clicked of Ruhi secretly when she wasn't looking.

Suddenly I heard the security alarm blare through the mansion and I got alert.

I cocked my guns and kept one of them in the back of my pants and the other in my hand.

I dial Rashit and he picks up in the third ring.

"What is happening?"

I ask and he replies breathless.

"Security breach....do din pehle wala racket.... mafia.... we're under attack."

The phone disconnects and I rake my hands through my hair.

"FUCK!"

I curse and move out of my room. Ruhi too is standing outside her room. She looks at me and comes near me.

"Shaurya ye aawaze?"

I take her inside her room and shut the door behind us.

"Listen to me very carefully. Chahe kuch bhi ho jaaye jab tab mai khud tunhare paas nhi aata...do not come out of your room."

She looks at me scared.

"Hua kya hai Shaurya? You are scaring me."

I sigh and tell her.

"We're under attack."

Her eyes go wide with fear and she looks at me for some time and then slowly whispers.

"Will you be okay?"

I look at her and keep quiet. I cannot guarantee her that.

"Just be in this room Ruhi."

I start walking out when she grabs my arm and pulls me back. Her hand goes around my neck and she pulls me down to her level.

One hand on my neck, other on my arm, she stands on her toes and places her lips on mine and I go still.

I look at her while she has her eyes closed. She kisses me for a few seconds and then pull back keeping her forehead on mine.

"Be safe. Please."

She whispers. Just as she was about to move back I cup her face and kiss her. Deep, passionate and hungry. I kiss her just like I used to imagine.

I pull back and join our foreheads. I kissed her forehead and move out shutting the door behind me.

I reach the ground floor and see those bastards firing at my men. Thankfully no one is seriously injured till now.

The next few minutes rounds of bullets are fired from both the sides.

Ruhanika's POV

I was waiting in my room since half an hour now. I was gettting impatient and paranoid.

Please God please keep Shaurya and the other men safe.

After a few minutes the firing stop and I slowly open the door. There is suddenly complete silence in the house and my heart is beating like crazy.

I reach the ground floor and it is a pool of bodies. None of them thankfully ours.

I grimace and almost puke at the sight of blood when I hear the voice I was dying to.

"Ruhi!"

Everyone slowly disperse away to check the rest of the house leaving only me and Shaurya there.

Before I could take a step towards him we hear the click of a gun and a sneer voice.

"Too soon Verma. Too soon."

A man is holding a gun to Shaurya's direction. Before Shaurya could retrieve his gun he calls.

"No! Don't even try! Else this little mistress of yours is dead. Waise kehna padega Verma. Your choice is the best. Too bad darling I didn't get you. But now even this Verma won't."

And without another word he fired the shot. It was all like a slow motion movie. The bullet was fired and Shaurya ran to shield me.

But the next thing I know is that I am on the ground with Shaurya on top of me.

"You fucking bastard!"

We hear Rashit yell and another shot is heard. But that is not what is my concern here.

My right shoulder is soaked with blood. But I don't feel any pain. When I trace the origin of blood a scream escaped my lips.

"Shaurya!"

He falls to the ground beside me and I cup his face trying to keep him awake.

"Shaurya! No! Please stay with me. Stay with me Shaurya! Open you eyes. Shaurya please!"

The next few minutes are in frenzy. Rashit and the other men carry Shaurya till the car. He is laying with his head on my lap and my tears are flowing non-stop.

It is all because of me. I should've have come out. If I were not there Shaurya would not have got shot.

"Ruhanika. Iska aapki koi galti nhi hai. Please stop crying."

Rashit says while we are waiting in front of the OT where Shaurya is being operated.

"It is all my fault Rashit. He asked me not to come out of the room. Mai phir bhi aayi. That bullet was for me. He got shot trying to save me."

I heard Rashit sigh and put an arm around my shoulder. I put my head on his shoulder and cried.

"Its not your fault. Hum sabko laga that everyone is dead. We missed that bastard. It is our fault if anyone's. Aap please rona band karo. Agar Shaurya ko pata chala ki hum sabke hote huye bhi you were crying he is going to kill us all."

He joked trying to make me laugh and honestly it did a bit. The way he pretends to be scared of Shaurya is so funny.

After an hour the doctors come out and tell us that the surgery was successful and that the bullet missed his heart by a few inches.

I thanked God a million times that he is safe.

He was shifted to the private ward and me and Rashit stayed the night.

He was still unconscious while we sat on the couch waiting for him to wake up.

Please wake up soon Shaurya. I love you.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️