pre-mission rituals || headcanon - biggs

anonymous asked: Fluffy HC for FF7R Biggs before a mission? :3

most of his time before a mission is spent reassuring you that he'll be okay. if you don't go on the missions, he knows you worry from the moment he leaves until the moment he gets back, so he does everything he can to ensure that you can relax whilst he's away. if you're accompanying them, just before he separates from the group to do his own thing, he'll pinky promise that he'll come back, and try to encourage you to focus on your task so that you don't get distracted or hurt. he'd hate to think that you got injured or caught because of him.

he knows he has a habit of overthinking and stressing himself out as a result, so he tries not to let you see that. it's a part of his job to strategize, and he can get absorbed in overthinking his strategies, pouring over his notes for hours before missions. he tries not to show you all of this though, all the lists of reasons he draws up of what could go wrong - he knows you'll just worry even more if you know there's a possibility of something going wrong - and things can go very wrong.

he tries to shower you in as much affection as possible. he hates to think so negatively, but it's entirely possible that this could be the last time he holds you in his arms, so he makes sure to squeeze you extra tight when he hugs you, and linger for a second longer when he kisses you. expect him to be overly affectionate, sneaking kisses whenever he passes you, and when he has a drink or two, or maybe three, you'll probably struggle to detach him from you. he definitely gives you sloppy kisses when he's drunk.

he's much more calm than the other avalanche members, and he can use his calmness to calm you down just before he goes. he knows it's the worst part when one of you leaves; the fear, the anger, the worry is unbearable, so he tries to reassure you as much as possible. soft kisses to your nose, cheeks, eyelids and forehead, holding you tight and whispering reassuring words into your ears in the moments before he leaves. he has a nearly 100% success rate with managing to calm you down, and wipes traitorous tears away with his thumbs with a loving smile.

even though he can overthink things, he's confident in his abilities, and overtime he manages to convince you to share this confidence. he's done things like this tonnes of times before, and he's got his wits about him, so even if he is in a sticky situation he can always find a way out. the most reassuring thing is knowing that he has a plan for every situation - they've worked before, so they'll work again. you have absolutely nothing to worry about, and he makes sure you know that.