puppy play || scenario - rufus shinra

anonymous asked: This is a super random request but I loved the idea of Rufus Shinra+S/O and Turks family so wanted to request a short scenario of Darkstar playing/napping/(anything cute like that lol) with Rufus' baby who snuck away from their Turk babysitter and Rufus is the one who finds them... feel free to choose which Turk lol. Thank you! Love your writing!!

Rufus had been convinced that leaving your rambunctious toddler with the Turks of all people was a bad idea. They were good fighters, trained to protect with their lives and take down any enemy, and they had the wit and intelligence to efficiently gather intel on enemies without provoking an alarm. But what they weren't good at was looking after children, specifically toddlers. He'd been slightly reassured by you and your confidence in the Turks, reluctantly following you out the door with a lingering threatening glance at them as they attempted to reign your child in and convince her to watch a movie.

He should have known better, and he's intensely annoyed when he sees the Turks slumped on the couch, passed out from exhaustion and no toddler in sight. The annoyance quickly turns to panic, the two of you splitting up to find your little girl, desperately calling out her name. His heart is pounding in his chest as he runs through the house, door slamming open and his breathing quickening. He hasn't heard you call out for him yet, and there's only one door left in front of him - her room.

The door slams open, and his jaw drops open. His little girl is sprawled across Darkstar's back, squealing in delight as the beast-like hound jumps up and down, attempting to throw her off and into the blankets laid around the floor. She's launched into the air, and his body freezes up in horror as he watches her fall on the blankets, giggling all the way. She lays in the blankets for a moment, exclaiming in disgust when Darkstar licks her cheek, before climbing onto his back again.

Her little face brightens up when she sees Rufus standing there, and Darkstar surges forwards towards Rufus as if he can tell what she wants to do. Rufus shakily picks her up, holding her tight to him as he stares down at Darkstar, relief washing over him. The hound had been trained to kill, and it had taken a long time and your helping hand to adjust him to your daughter, and even still the two of you wouldn't leave them alone together just in case.

Your hand wraps around his bicep, and he turns to face you with disbelief morphing his features. Darkstar saunters over to you, presses his nose into the palm of your hand and moving it until it rest on top of his head. Your hands subconsciously scratch behind his ears as you search your daughter for wounds before meeting Rufus' gaze.

The two of you exchange a thousand words in that moment, but the three words you both say in unison are: they're are dead.