training || headcanon - cloud

anonymous asked: Could you do some headcannons of Cloud and reader who always train together with them trying not get distracted flirting?

cloud isn't much of a flirter. he's shy and slightly awkward, so he definitely won't be able to flirt like most other people do. when you flirt with him, all he can do is blush and stutter out some random words in an attempt to form a coherent sentence.

he doesn't have a problem training or sparring with you, he's glad you want to train with him, partly because he can help you train to defend yourself in case he can't help you, and partly because he's flattered that you want to spend time with him.

when you shoot him a wink or a flirtatious compliment, he'll blush and tense up, unsure of how to react let alone know how to respond to his compliment. he'll stumble over his words awkwardly, and in the end will probably give up and smile awkwardly at you.

over time he'll gradually learn to smile at you in a certain way, he'll make an effort to smile at you and return your hugs and other acts of affection. he wants to make sure that you know he's hearing and seeing you express your affection for him, and he'll try his best to reciprocate.

it'll lead to lingering touches during training, perhaps softer punches, which soon turn so light that you can barely feel it, and training soon turns into a weird dance of dodging and staring. when he pulls you up his hand will linger in yours for a moment longer than necessary, and he's always reluctant to pull away. you're addictive.