up above || scenario - reno

anonymous asked: I was hesitant to make a request seeing as you're getting overwhelmed, but I hope you don't mind. Your writing is really great! I look forward to each one ☺️ Anyway, could I request a Reno x reader where he takes the reader on a helicopter ride and she gets scared/excited since she's never been on one before? Maybe somewhere nice outside of Midgar? I'm not sure.. I'd really appreciate it! Please and thank you so, so much!

You heart leaps into your throat when you finally dare to look out the window, the large buildings below you've become so accustomed to looking up at now nothing but tiny specs on the horizon. You can see the structure of Midgar so clearly, a diagram now reality. It takes your breath away, makes your heart thud erratically in your chest at how precarious it all looks, how it seems like you could blow on the structure and it would all topple over. But Reno soon draws your attention away from it and encourages you to look at the life beyond Midgar's territory.

He'd fought tooth and nail with administration to get the helicopter, told too many convenient lies than he would have liked, and even though he knows he'll likely get in trouble when the two of you return to Midgar, the elation on your face is worth it. He can't help but sneak glances at you as he flies it, smiling in satisfaction and pride at the sight of you enjoying yourself. He'd promised you an outstanding date, and he's pretty darn certain that he's smashed it out of the park.

When you turn to face him, his breath leaves his body, and his tongue grows heavy in his mouth. He wants to tell you how gorgeous you look, but it's suddenly like he's lost all abilities to speak coherently, like his skill at flirting and complimenting has suddenly disappeared.

"This is amazing, Reno!" you gush, and all he can do is grin awkwardly at you whist pride surges through him. Yeah, he totally nailed it. "I can't believe you get to do stuff like this so often. You're so lucky."

"Well, if you want, I can take you out on another flight. Y'know, like, another date." He cringes at how awkward it sounds, how desperate he comes across when he says it. When he's met by silence he panics, and he's about to try and cover it up with another topic of conversation, but your hand lands on his arm, squeezing it with excitement. He turns to look at you, and is once again winded by your beauty, swallows anxiously.

"I'd love to," you say, and he grins easily.

"It's a date, babe."