children || headcanon - rufus shinra

anonymous asked: Ooooo thanks for opening requests again! How about headcanons for Rufus and his spouse with kids, and how the Turks would be the World's-Best-Aunt/Uncles™? 😊

rufus is an incredibly doting father. despite how much work he has and how often shinra may try to take him away from his family, he'll always find time for his children. he doesn't want to miss out on any stage of their lives, and will make sure he makes time for them. he'll happily spend hours humouring his children and playing with them, and loves to make them giggle and squeal by chasing them around the garden and putting on funny voices for their stuffed animals.

he spoils his children absolutely rotten. he'll get them toys whenever they want, take them on holidays to theme parks and out to dinner at least once a week to their favourite restaurants. but even though he spoils them, he still makes sure he teaches them humility and respect, to be thankful for everything they have. he'll make sure they learn to give back to the community.

at first he was reluctant to have anyone related to shinra involved in his children's lives, fearing they would have a bad influence on them, but after the turks meet your children at a company meal, he has no choice but to let your kids see them. your children absolutely adore elena, hugging her immediately whenever they see her and nattering on about all their stories and friends from school; rude is definitely another favourite of theirs, they all think he's the coolest person ever, and think it's hilarious that he's so awkward about them; for the most part they think reno is a bit weird, but are very entertained by him, and always go to him whenever they want someone to chase them around; and as for tseng, they're initially rather skeptical about him, but over time they warm up to him and think of him as a mentor.

if any of the children have a nightmare, he doesn't hesitate to welcome them into your bed. he'll reassure them quietly, ask them if they want to talk about it and if they do he'll comfort them, if not he'll just press kisses to the side of their head as he cuddles them. when they're slightly younger, he loves stroking their head until they fall asleep, and falls asleep straight away with them laying on his chest once they're knocked out. it's the cutest thing ever when he has one laying across him, and two tucked in his arms, passed out on the sofa.

even though he's never really had to get his hands dirty in the past, he's more than happy to do so for his children. he doesn't mind changing diapers or cleaning spit-up. he think it's adorable when feeding them and they get their food all over their face, wipes their face with his thumb, doesn't care if it's just puree mixed with their spit. he laughs whenever he sees them covered head-to-toe in dirt after playing in the garden, happily helps to clean them up and the dirt they've trekked into the house.

he never thought he'd turn out to be a family man, especially one that does as much as he does, but he's glad he is, and he absolutely idolises his children. he'll do absolutely anything for them, smothers them with love and affection whenever he can, and thanks you everyday for the little angels you've brought into his life.