unrequited love || headcanon - tseng

anonymous asked: Tseng falling in love with a reader who works for the Turks but is scared she wouldn't love him back but she does

things can often get heated, situations sticky where there seems to be no way out, and often this causes tseng to be unnaturally cruel, rude and angry. there's been plenty of times where the two of you have been cornered with seemingly no way out, and he loses his cool sometimes, which often results in him shouting or snapping at you, getting angry with you whenever you make a small mistake. so, when he realises his true feelings for you, he believes there's no chance you'll return his affections.

but, it's clear to you that he doesn't mean any harm when he gets angry and frustrated. he just wants to do his job right, and protect you too. elaine was the first to point out that whereas he can get like that, he always seems to flinch when he realises what he's doing, and you're the first person he goes to protect.

elaine also tries to point out your affections for tseng to him. she doesn't miss the subtle glances you send his way, nor the way you turn away from the enemy you're fighting to shoot another sneaking up on tseng, putting yourself in danger. it's so obvious to her, and she can't help but feel slightly frustrated that neither of you seem to realise.

eventually she's successful though, convincing tseng to look that little bit more. he notices the way you put yourself in danger to protect him, how you always turn to him when looking for answers, how you're always ready to answer to his every command. he notices how you sometimes stare at him in the office, and how sheepish and flustered you get when you're caught. there's something unmistakable in your eyes, although he never wants to asssume.

you'll have to be the first to make a move - he wouldn't dare do it himself. and when you do make the move, he's not shy in voicing his reciprocation. he'll definitely try and make up for all that lost time, all that time the two of you spent skirting around each other. he loves you, and he wants to make sure you know that.