cooking || headcanon - sephiroth

anonymous asked: hiya! may i request a domestic scenario with sephiroth please? where his s/o is really good at cooking... but he isn't. he wants to learn how to do so, but he's embarrassed that even his sweet s/o might think less of him for not knowing how to do something so simple. thank so much! :)

sephiroth has never set aside the time to learn such domestic skills. he's used to battlefields where you have to wait days before you can have your next meal, he's used to having chefs there in order to cook for him. and even when he was off duty, the luxury of the title SOLDIER granted him unlimited access to many certified professionals. only the best of the best.

but he soon learns that home-cooked food, made by someone who truly loves you, is better than any five-star meal the best chefs could make. chicken parmesan, roast dinners and even something simple such as a home-cooked pizza tasted much better to him than foie gras, bouillabaisse and parmesan risotto ever could.

he knows he wants to learn, but admitting such a fact is embarrassing to him. he's sephiroth, the man who knows everything. the days of timidly asking for help and guidance are long behind him, he's the expert. but that's on the battlefield, not in the kitchen, and he knows that if he ever wants to make you a meal on your bad days like you do for him, then he has to concede.

but of course, you're his angel, his glowing light of prosperity and joy, and although you're surprised by his request, you don't mock him or tease him. if anything you seem overjoyed by the prospect of teaching him, and you excitedly peck his lips and drag him into the kitchen, ready to start teaching him everything you know.

he enjoys it more than he thought he would, and can't help but smile fondly at the flour you've somehow managed to get into your hair, or the smudges of chocolate around your mouth when you'd sampled the chocolate cake you'd taught him the recipe for. his heart warms whenever he's around you, and not just from the delicious treats you bake.