nightmares || headcanon - tseng

anonymous asked: Reader comforting Tseng when he has nightmares at night loads of kisses and hugs

the reassuring, soft hand on his chest is the first thing he notices when his eyes snap open and he fights for breath. he's sweaty and panicked, but the hand remains in place, gradually making its way up to stroke his hair. when he begins to calm down his eyes find yours he feels a wave of peace wash over him.

your calming words soothe him, reassurances that he's safe and sound with you, that you're at home and in bed where no one can hurt him. he feels safest with you, and although he's usually the protector, he doesn't mind being the protected for once.

when he's calm enough, he willingly takes you into his arms, stroking your hair and your back, grounded even more by the feeling of your cold skin against his hot skin. your words vibrate against his chest, and sends waves of peace through him. he's awake, and he can feel you.

he willingly accepts your soft kisses when his breathing is finally steadied and the nightmare long forgotten. he loves the feeling of your lips against his eyelids, cheeks, nose, forehead and his own lips. he feels a surge of love for you and the tender way you reassure him.

it takes a while, but soon his eyelids begin to feel heavy again, and he's drifting asleep. but he doesn't miss the final kiss you place to his lips and the three whispered 'i love yous' before you place your head on his chest and fall asleep. he doesn't have any nightmares, but he dreams about you for the rest of the night.