protect me || scenario - rufus shinra

anonymous asked: Hello, May i have a request! Rufus x Reader who is one of the Turks and she needs to protect him from Kadaj and Remnants of Sephiroth but Rufus was scared of losing her too. I just finished FF7R and started reading your fic. love them so much ❤ Thank you.

Rufus knew it was a stupid idea to fall in love with a Turk, one of the people who was meant to protect him. Despite how vigorously trained Turks were, there was still an incredibly element of risk to the job, one that you and everyone else accepted the moment you were admitted into the role. You'd been lucky so far, only a couple of serious injuries, and those were mostly at the hands of Avalanche. Yes, it was luck, not your skill. Skill could only get someone so far before their lives are placed in the hands of fate.

But in this moment it's clear that your luck has run out, or is it his? He'd bound to a wheelchair, at the mercy of this every man's move. He has no choice but to sit and watch as Rude is taken down swiftly, it only takes three punches and the rock of a man has crumbled; then Reno is knocked down with a hard punch to the stomach. The silver-haired remnant stops at you, surveys you carefully, rakes his eyes up and down you like you're a piece of meat, and that enrages Rufus.

Despite your best efforts, you're soon on the floor beside Reno and Rude, groaning in pain as you attempt to rise to your feet again, but the pain of your legs that were kicked out harshly from underneath you and the punch to your stomach that winded you is too much. You're a writhing ball on the floor, and Rufus can only watch helplessly.

Red hot rage rushes through his veins like adrenaline, and although he's certainly in no state to be moving around, he wants to do nothing more than throw himself at this remnant, claw his eyes out with the little bit of strength he has left.

You're the source of his strength, the only thing keeping him going when he wants to do nothing more than curl up in a ball and let himself succumb to this disease. But he can't abandon you like that. He loves you, and you love him, an he'd rather live like this for the rest of his days than see you saddened and lonely for the rest of yours because of his parting. He'd protect you and preserve you at any cost, whatever it takes he knows he'll do it.

And if that means risking his life to this remnant, this piece of Sephiroth he doubts will ever be destroyed, then he'll do it.