obvious affections || headcanon - cloud

anonymous asked: This is the first ask I've ever done so hopefully I do it right lol, but it's because I love your work so much! So i was hoping you could do something where cloud has a crush/loves the reader, and even though he thinks hes subtle, it's quite obvious to everyone BUT the oblivious reader. Btw, could the reader pls own/operate her own art studio, and sells her art pieces? Lol I know this might be a tall order so please dont feel pressure to write this!! I just think your work is so amazing! :)

cloud's used to keeping his emotions in check, so he doesn't see why his crush on you, no matter how much he tries to deny it, should be any different. he 100% thinks it's no obvious, believes his staring (or long glances, as he likes to call them) go unnoticed - no one usually looks at him anyway, so it's not as if they'll notice. but of course, he's the new face in town, so people are bound to look at him. it becomes pretty obvious to jessie that cloud has a crush on you, she notices the staring and the occasional small tilt to his lips as he watches on. cloud doesn't smile for anyone.

tifa notices too, how could she not? she's known cloud most of her life and he's been acting strangely. he seems spaced out, just staring at nothing for hours, but then she realises it's you he's staring at and she connects the dots. cloud wouldn't act this way without reason, and he knows he has a hard time expressing himself, so it makes sense that he's having a hard time expressing his feelings for you or even concealing them.

but you, bless your soul, are as oblivious to his feelings as he is to realising he's so obvious. it seems that everyone in avalanche, perhaps everyone in sector 7 and beyond, know that he has a crush on you except you. as frustrating as it is, everyone thinks it's absolutely adorable, especially the way the two of you interact. it's the cutest thing when cloud compliments your art, something most people would never peg him to do, and he's always immensely encouraging, urging you to continue even when you struggle with a piece.

eventually it does get to the point, however, where it's just straight up painful. cloud's skirting around you, skirting around his feelings, and whenever he interacts with you he becomes extremely flustered and anxious. but of course, as you're so oblivious, you don't understand why he becomes so shy around you and not others. the others will try and push for the two of you to be together, until it gets to the point where jessie outright tells you that cloud likes you and leaves the two of you two it.

and that gives cloud no choice but to confirm what jessie says, sheepish and shy about it, almost apologetic. but when you tell him you feel the same way his heart skips a beat, and he feels honoured when you reveal a piece of art you made for him; an abstract piece of his time at seventh heaven, times that you know are some of his happiest, with his new friends and you.