cutthroat || headcanon - tseng, cloud strife and zack fair

anonymous asked: Hi! Can I get a request for Tseng, Cloud and Zack reacting to a S/O who gets really cutthroat about board games? It starts with, "I got you fam" to "Live with me or die with Boardwalk". Also I love love LOVE your work, pls take this mental thumbs up 👍

tseng

he never expects you to be so cutthroat at board games, he thinks you'll be the model player, having fun and exchanging playful competitive jibes. nothing out of the ordinary, of course, nothing in your personality to indicate anything more or anything less.

but as the game progresses he notices how much more competitive you're getting, how you discreetly glare at him or stick your tongue out at him when he makes a tactical move against you. yours shoulders tense and you seem to get more engrossed by the game.

it surprises him when you hurl the first insult his way. he had made a dirty move, sure, but he doesn't believe it warrants that. but as the two of you continue to way, and he continues to win, it's clear that you're just immensely competitive - he doesn't mind, he likes that about you.

cloud strife

cloud isn't even trying to win, it just so happens he's good at tactical things, and he guesses that includes board games too. he can tell you're getting a little bit frustrated at the prospect of him winning, and he almost decides to intentionally lose, but you'd notice that, so he'd persevere.

he notices immediately when your shoulders begin to tense, the skin between your eyebrows crinkling adorably as you frown and survey the board. he knows his every next move, a sure and clear victory, and you're slowly coming to that realisation.

he's slightly surprised when you start swearing at him, but if anything he finds it kind of amusing that you'd get so competitive over a board game of all things. it'll take ages before you finally lose, partly because you spend so long trying to work out a way to win, and all he can do is shake his head fondly when you start complaining and raging about the loss.

zack fair

he loves the idea of having date nights where the two of you just stay at home and play board games. it's such a cute, couple-y thing to do that makes him melt in his spot at the thought of spending those moment with you.

but he never anticipated you being so competitive. you'd warned him, but he had brushed it off with a laugh - how bad could you actually be? you're so sweet and amazing - there's no way you could be cutthroat at board games - he just can't imagine it.

so it's safe to say that he's shocked when you start grumbling insults at him when you realise he's on the path to victory. at first he thinks you're truly mad at him, but he then realises you're just competitive, and although he'd never say it to you for fear of incurring your wrath, he thinks it's adorable. he knows to let you win in the future, that's for sure.