cliche || scenario - reno

anonymous asked: if you have the time could we get some reno content? perhaps the ~ we're on a mission and shinra messed up the booking so now we gotta share a bed and oh now we're cuddling and confessing our love ~ trope hehe?

I

"This is like a horror movie."

"C'mon, babe, I ain't that bad."

An anxious sigh slips past your lips as you watch Reno fling himself down on the bed, arms folding behind his head as he stares up at the ceiling. You press your back against the wall, your heart thudding erratically in your chest as you cup your cheeks in disbelief. You were right, this was like a movie, just not a horror one, more like those cheesy romcoms your roommate watches when she breaks up with her boyfriend of the week. But you're not the attractive protagonist in the movies, and Reno is one-hundred times hotter than the love interest, and if you share a bed you're fairly certain your heart will explode out of your chest, all because Shinra messed up the booking.

It was hardly surprising that the booking was incorrect, Shinra was a massive company, so it was inevitable some mistakes would be made. But this just so happened to be one of the worst mistakes they could have ever made. Most people would leap for joy at the prospect of sleeping in the same bed as their crush, but for you it was a nightmare; Reno's flirtations always made you flustered, and he would no doubt flirt with you for the rest of the mission, tease you when you bury your face into your pillow out of embarrassment. What if he found out about your crush on him?

"I'll sleep on the floor," you say, although the peculiar stains on the carpet makes you regret the words.

Reno sits up abruptly, his brow furrowing with confusion. "What? Nah. Don't worry about it, I don't mind sharing a bed with you."

You grit your teeth, but you're unable to come up with an excuse or a response, and you nod in defeat, trying not to look so deflated. Reno slips off the bed, comes to a stop right in front of you and grins down at you brightly, holding your gaze firmly. He searches your eyes for a moment, grin briefly faltering, but he forces it into its original position quickly as you attempt to rid your eyes of any emotion, though you fear it's too late.

"Besides, I'm the best cuddle-buddy you can have."

II

As much as you try to put it off, your exhaustion catches up to you, and you have no choice but to crawl into your side of the bed. As you stare at the ceiling, you convince yourself that this may not be so bad after all - you'll be asleep anyway, so what does it matter? Sleeping next to Reno is no different that sleeping next to Elena or Cissnei, he's just a guy. But by the way your heart skips a beat as he slips into the other side of the bed, his leg briefly grazing yours, you're unable to convince yourself any further that he's just a guy.

Reno yawns loudly, turns his head to face you. For a moment he's breathless, drinking in your features like you're a cool glass of water and he's just walked in the desert for three days straight. He swallows roughly, chokes words out and feels his cheek flush with embarrassment as his voice breaks.

"We still waking up at six tomorrow?"

You turn to face him, eyes widening a fraction as you're abruptly pulled from your thoughts. "Huh? Oh. Yeah. We have to if we want to get to the guy's house in time before he leaves work."

Reno nods, hums contemplatively as he turns his had to stare up the ceiling. It's your turn to study his features. Seeing him without his goggles is weird, and it's even weirder to not see him in his suit, but he looks more natural this way, and your heart squeals at the sight of him. You wonder what it would be like to see him like this daily, but in a more comfortable setting, a home, a shared home. Your skin heats up at the image, and you bite your tongue.

"Y'know," he says. "I don't think I could have asked for a better partner for this mission. You're real special."

Your heart stops in your chest, and you struggle to form a response, opting for uncomfortable silence instead. You panic - does he think you're weird for not replying? Is he just flirting? Is he perhaps trying to make you embarrassed just for the sake of it?

But as you turn to face him to try and deduce what he thinks of you, you're surprised to see him fast asleep.

III

When you wake up, there's a heavy weight holding your stomach down, something tickling your leg and a regular breeze brushing against your hair in short bursts. The room is almost pitch black, the birds singing outside being the only indication that it's morning, and your eyes struggle to adjust to the darkness. As you try to move, the weight suddenly tightens around you, and you let out a gasp as you're pulled across into something solid and warm. You place your hands on the object, feeling around in a delirious state in an attempt to work out what it is.

There's a grumble from the object, and you frown. "Damn, babe, didn't know you were that into me."

Your body freezes, juxtaposed by your heart as it runs a mile a minute, your mouth growing dry as you blink your eyes hard, trying to work out if this is all just a bad dream or not. The object moves, pulling you with it, and you soon find yourself nose-to-nose with Reno as he flicks the light of the lamp on, his arm still wound tight around your waist. Your eyes widen a fraction as you stare down at him, watching as he rubs his eyes with the heel of his palm, yawning. When he pulls his hand away and blearily blinks his eyes, a smirk easily slips onto his lips.

"Well, this is certainly a way to wake up."

Your body reacts then, and you move to scramble off of him, but Reno holds you tighter, with both arms now, his fingers casually grazing against your bum. He laughs loudly, squeezing tight.

"Relax, you don't need to move," he says, holding your eyes. There's a pregnant pause, and for a panicked second you wonder if he can feel your pounding heart against his chest. "Wow, you're gorgeous."

"Stop it," you grumble.

He smiles sweetly. "I mean it, yanno. I think you're the most attractive human on this earth."

"Stop being a flirt."

"I'm not being a flirt."

You furrow your brows.

"Huh?"

He leans in and presses a kiss to your lips hastily, pulls away before you can even react, laughs joyfully at your dumbfounded look. "You think I didn't realise all those looks you send my way? C'mon, babe, it's kind of obvious that you're just as in love with me as I am with you."

"You're... in love with me?"

"Yeah. Wasn't it obvious?"

You shook your head, and he grinned.

"Well, everyone else seemed to think it was. That's why this room was booked."

Your jaw drops open and he laughs, pressing a kiss to your chin.

"That's so cliche."

"I know, but I'd happily do something cliche if it means you get to be in my arms."