flustered || scenario - cloud

anonymous asked: hi ilysm!! is it okay if I can request a lil blurb of Cloud getting all flustered over the ff7 girls teasing him over his crush on the reader? :D thanks in advance! Lots of love

He wants to bury himself six feet under, but it's clear that even if he did that he wouldn't be able to escape the relentless teasing from Jessie, Aerith, Tifa - and somehow even Marlene was coaxed into the teasing. He can't deny it now, the four girls had caught him in his blatant lie, his crush on you undeniably exposed. They insist it's adorable, that the longing looks he gives you and the way he stumbles over his words shows he's a complete and utter romantic; and besides, the two of you would make the cutest couple.

"Awww, he's blushing!" Jessie coos, eliciting a giggle out of Marlene.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, Cloud!" Aerith insists. "It's like a scene out of a love story when the two of you interact."

He groans, dropping his head into hands, pressing the heels of his palms into his eyes. This was humiliating, and his heart was pounding in his chest at the thought of you, although perhaps it was at the thought of you finding out about his crush. He couldn't think of anything worse - he'd be so embarrassed - what if you didn't like him? The two of you would be eternally doomed to awkward interactions, and Cloud would never be able to cope in that kind of situation.

"I think you should ask them out," Tifa says, winking at Marlene. "I mean, you'll never know their response until you do."

"It's not happening," Cloud grumbles, pushing himself up from his bar stool and stalking towards the entrance of Seventh Heaven.

Aerith and Jessie giggle. "Don't worry, it will!" Jessie calls out after him as he walks out the bar.

He sighs deeply, gaze fixed to the floor, clenching his fists at his side. He's stopped suddenly by a hand on his shoulder, and when his gaze snaps upwards, his heart skips a beat. You look gorgeous, radiant, and it takes his breath away. He can barely hear what you're saying as he soaks up all your features with his eyes.

Perhaps, just maybe, he'll take Tifa up on her advice one day. Just because it's you.