comfort || headcanon - sephiroth

anonymous asked: Hi can I request a headcanon where Sephiroth is comforting his s/o, I'd imagine him being a little awkward but he would still try his best to comfort them.

he definitely is a little bit awkward about it at first. it's a foreign thing to him, emotion, he usually pushes it away and tries not to let it get to him, and he has literally zero experience of dealing with how others feel, so expect him to be a bit awkward and stiff whenever he tries to comfort you.

over time, however, he gradually learns what to do through experience and from others such as angeal and genesis. it'll start as tender touches, reassuring hands on the shoulder and some soothing words, which are often choked out and rather stiff-sounding. but he keeps persisting, he wants to be the best he can be for you.

eventually, he'll become a certified professional, taking you into his arms whenever he notices that you're feeling remotely down. he can read you like an open book, and will spend ages analysing you carefully to make sure you're happy and memorising what you do when you're not. his awkward, stiff words gradually turn into a flow of reassuring promises and whispered 'i love yous'. he'll become your rock and he'll make sure you feel secure, safe and that you can turn to him no matter what.