the date || scenario - reno

anonymous asked: AAAA I LOVED THE FLIRT WITH RENO!! if you don't mind, could i request what his date with the reader would be like? i imagine him going to pick up the reader and flirting with them as soon as he sees them and the reader getting shy LOL thank you!!

a/n: this is the 'sequel' to the flirt :)

You're anxious, but you don't know why. It's just a date. You've been on plenty before, with guys you've liked more than Reno. But your hands are clammy, your heart beating at a mile a minute, mouth dry.

There's a loud knock on the door, and you hear your roommates giggle and laugh from the other room at the sound, but your heart jumps into your throat, and you're too focused on who's on the other side to care about them. Clenching your firsts, you breath in deeply, casting one last look at the mirror to ensure your hair is in place, clothes straight, before opening the door.

Sure enough, Reno is on the other side, hands stuffed into his pockets as he looks down the street, the glow of the light attached to the wall beside your door gently illuminating his features. Your breath catches in your throat when he turns to look at you, heart beating even faster as he blatantly checks you out, a grin slowly stretching across his face. He straightens up slightly, clearing his throat.

"Damn, and I thought you looked like you were crafted by the Gods before."

You can't help but scoff, stepping outside and pulling the door closed behind you. He steps back, casting another glance down the street as you lock the door. When you turn around to face him, he offers his hand, and you begrudgingly take it - if you put effort into the date, maybe he'll leave you alone. He tugs you close, and peers down at you earnestly.

"You do, y'know. You really do."

"Thanks."

He nods, the grin replaced with a gentle smile. He pulls you along, slipping his hand from yours and draping his arm across your shoulders, tugging you closer to him. The two of you walk down the street, and he guides you left and right, down various other streets until you reach the temporary commercial district.

It's busy, people shuffling up and down the street, disappearing into some of the restaurants, attracted by the tantalizing smells of the food awaiting inside. Reno steers you carefully through the crowds, moving you in front of him and placing his hands on your shoulders to guide you gently. You soon reach the end of the street, and Reno pushes you towards a fancy-looking restaurant.

"Wait, no," you say, stopping. Reno gently collides with your back at your sudden stop, grabbing your elbow to maintain his balance, staring down at you inquisitively. "This is too much for a first date."

He laughs. "What do you mean? I said I'd make it worth your while, didn't I?"

"Yeah, but," you paused, gnawing at your bottom lip.

"Come on," he says, grabbing your arm and tugging you along. He pulls you inside before you can protest, the host smiling brightly as he searches for Reno's name on the list. The host leads you to your table, setting your menus down as Reno pulls your chair out for you, pushing it in when you step in place.

He's nonchalant as he reads through the menu, one hand gripping it whilst his left lays on the table, forefinger and thumb rubbing together contemplatively. His signature black suit has been replaced with a more casual, light grey one, a navy shirt underneath, buttons undone halfway down his chest as usual. He's put effort it, he could have easily arrived in a shirt and jeans, taken you to cheaper restaurant. But instead he's dressed himself up, taken you to the most expensive restaurant in Midgar, one of the ones that had existed topside.

"What are you going to have?"

"Huh?"

"To eat, what are you going to have?"

"Oh, uh," you cast a glance down at the menu, scanning it briefly. "The pasta, I guess."

"I knew you were the one."

Your neck heats up, your hands growing clammy like before, and you briefly wonder whether he noticed when he took your hand earlier. If he did, he certainly didn't mention it. Consciously, you tuck a strand of hair behind your ear, shyness suddenly washing over you.

"You're really cute, y'know that?"

He's leaning forwards, elbows on the table, fingers interlinked and his chin resting on top. Blue orbs observe you carefully, taking in every last detail on your face, the way you gnaw your lip nervously and the way your fore and middle fingers tap against your thumb repetitively. He watches you as you swallow with effort, smirking slightly to himself.

"Hey, I really like you. I want you to enjoy the night, and if you don't enjoy it, I won't bother you again," he says firmly. "That's a promise."

He holds your gaze firmly, nodding in confidence as your eyes ask, 'really?', and you let your shoulders slump, leaning back in your chair. So far, he's treated you well, complimented you endlessly and brought you to one the best restaurants in new Midgar. And judging by how confident he seemed, he had planned an exciting, lavish night.

"Alright. Impress me then, Reno."